Saturday, 30 January 2010

Happy New Year

Well I had a feeling this might happen because my patients is about as long as a caterpillar (I even stopped writing this sentance to pick at my fingernails) and I loose interest in things very quickly - it is a wonder I am still making this blanket because it will be a year come March! So yes I did expect that blogging would fall by the wayside but I suppose this is better late than never.

I have moved flats and this is very exciting because I have the sun now all day long (when it's out) and things are warm! I've seen people move into my old flat (I didn't move far at all!) and I feel sorry for how cold they will be.

Enough about that, this is the blanket so far! I'm 10 rows in so thats just over half way, cannot-believe-it! It's definitlely going to fall into March though but I guess a year isn't bad by my standards.



These flowers are making me smile too, I got the vase / jug in TKMaxx today (another impulse buy) and I couldn't be more pleased with it!


This blue and white cushion is a new addition to the already full-of-cushions sofa but I think it's quite a nice one, unlike the ugly cushion below. People seem to like it! The colours are bad. They used to be in the blanket but I decided early on to omit them (apart from the odd middle here and there) and I'm so glad I did.



3 comments:

  1. Hello - just popped over from Ravelry to have a look at your wip.

    I have a tendency to get bored half way through big projects too, that's why I've only managed a baby blanket so far!

    But it's looking good, and there's not much further to go, it will be so worth it when you're done and you can snuggle in front of the TV with it.

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what I intend to do! So many people have asked me what it's for and I almost feel guilty saying it's just for me :-o

    I've a new post with a more up-to-date photo now, nearly there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your blanket is very beautiful and cheerful and you are making a great job!!!
    Keep going!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x