Monday, 3 May 2010

Happy Bank Holiday :-)

I've got lots of little crochet projects to show you (very exciting!) which I've been working on over the last couple of weeks and have only just got round to uploading to my Flickr account. I've wanted some bunting for aaaaageeees and I've seen various tutorials on how to make hearts but my favourites were the ones on Lucy's blog / flickr (Attic 24) although the tutorial is from Bella Dia .

I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with them (and only really started after buying a stash of pink wool) but they've ended up becoming bunting (surprising!) and I'm very chuffed! Have a go, they are very easy to make (if I can, ANYONE can)

Crochet Heart
Crochet Hearts
Crochet Hearts
Bunting
I haven't totally given up on my monster blanket, in fact I think I've got less than 20 squares left to make, and these are the middles needed. I'm out of the green and purple wool so relying on my friend having some left over or it will be an unfortunate* trip to Abakhans.

*By unfortunate I mean really really good!

Granny Squares

Last but not least I thought I'd better get round to showing you my mittens, even though it's May now and becoming quite warm! I'm really please with them although to be honest I could have picked a better colour choice. They will do for now :-) They are loosely hugely inspired by Attic 24 again although I actually made them in the same way the jar cosies were made, just starting the next round a few crochets later for the thumb holes and finishing earlier, this means there's no seam down the side :-)

Crochet Mittens
Crochet Mitten

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x