Monday, 31 May 2010

When the sun is shining

I do love it when the sun is shining, I can't believe there is anyone in the world who doesn't! It allows me to spend some time out on my balcony, water my plants and potter around. I love pottering! I tried to grow a variety of seeds this year but only the nasturtiums have grown and everything else either didn't grow or grew a little bit and died!

I got a lovely thyme plant from Ikea recently, it's looking nice here but it's a bit bedraggled at the moment (I think it needs a bit more watering!)

Thyme

This was a great find from a car boot sale which had a little plant stand, I think it cost me 99p including a pot! It should grow nice tomatoe cherries but sadly they're not good for eating. I was happily surprised when it began to sprout tiny white flowers, how pretty.

Ornamental Cherries

These I think are snap dragons although they have died down now :( Hopefully being bulbs they will come back next year to provide more colour and fun.
Snap Dragons

Lastly is one of my favourite plants, Saxifrage. I had a "Four Winds" variety last year but I think I over watered it and it died off! Apparantly being an alpine they like good drained soil. A lesson learnt might just save this little one

Saxifrage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x