Saturday, 12 June 2010

Granny Stripes

I know I shouldn't be starting a new project, what with my granny squares blanket still not complete, but I just can't help it! I recently added to my wool stash recently with a lovely order or Drops Paris after another blogger Corn Poppy Girl put some pictures up of the lovely colours. I have to confess I bought the exact same colours but they are just so fab!

Drops Paris yarn

Drops Paris yarn

So a little bit about Drops Paris then. I'd heard about it being quite splitty, you know where it all starts to unravel and your hook ends up putting it apart? Well it's not as bad as the Kool Kotton I've used before and I think I've gotten used to it so I can't complain at all really. It's a very thick wool so would make for good winter blankets. But what to do with the new stash :o

I've been following the blogs of Lucy in the Attic of 24 (as I'm sure you already know) and tried my hand at her ripple blanket, which went very well in the test (pictures later) but I just wasn't sure I wanted my own ripple blanket. As it happens she has been working on a wonderful new (ish) idea; Granny Stripes!

I say new-ish, I was sure this must have been done before due to it being such a simple idea, however it's actually really difficult impossible to find other people doing it! So perhaps this is a brand new thing, who knows, what I do know is I love it!

Granny Stripes

Granny Stripes

Granny Stripes

Granny Stripes

Granny Stripes

Granny Stripes

What do you think? It's a little on the small side I admit, after the granny squares blanket I think I need to keep things simple. This should make a nice little sofa blanket however, or a throw or something like that, we'll have to see I guess!

P.S Thank god for autosave as I just closed this by mistake. Eeeek!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x