Tuesday, 9 November 2010

It's November and I am a terrible blogger

I am officially blaming the clocks going backwards on my lack of recent blogging. By the time I get home from work it's dark and it just isn't possible to take nice photos in the dark. I am sticking to this excuse.

I have embarked upon a new project ladies, and if there are any reading this, gentlemen. My new stash of wool arrived a few weeks ago from Masons, a lovely 17 pack of Stylecraft put together especially for anyone crocheting along with Attic 24 who has used this in her granny stripe blanket.






Stylecraft


I'd heard lots of good things about this wool, mainly that it was very soft for a £1.25/100g ball and I'm not disappointed in the slightest. I love it a lot (too much?) and it's so nice to work with! Plus I'm used to 50g balls so this should last me an age :-)

So what to do with it? I do admit I um'd and ah'd for quite a while, asked people on Ravelry what to do, made some test pieces and finally settled on some granny hexagons [tutorial]. Oh no. Not another blanket says boyfriend. Oh yes ! This one will (I promise) be a lot smaller. I have absolutely no plan, no grand design, I'm just going to churn out enough hexagons to make something reasonably sized. Horray!






Crochet Hexagons
Crochet HexagonsCrochet HexagonsCrochet HexagonsCrochet HexagonsCrochet HexagonsCrochet Hexagons


I promise to be better at writing better things and posting more interesting pictures! When the sun is out x

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the colors!! and your carpet!! good choice to make an hexagon blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hexagons are fab aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I was given the "Beautiful Blogger Award" today and have selected YOU as one of my BBA recipients! Stop by my blog and receive your award! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x