Monday, 3 January 2011

Hi There 2011

The problem with making christmas cards and presents for other people is being able to a) give them away and b) restrain from blogging about them until after they've been received! I so wanted to share these before but couldn't be sure they wouldn't be spotted by my friends and family!

Now I admit I didn't make all the fancy little things on the cards, some were from Hobbycraft and Abakhans and a lot were bits and bobs from old christmas cards and things I've hoarded but I did have great fun putting them together.

So yes even though it's January (oh yes, Happy New Year!!!) here we are!

Christmas Cards '10

Christmas Cards '10

Christmas Cards '10

Christmas Cards '10

Christmas Cards '10

Christmas Cards '10

Christmas Cards '10

Christmas Cards '10

Christmas Cards '10

After 9 I ran out of steam a little so this was all I managed but hey, I'd be very greatful of any Christmas card. Now if they could all please be sent back to me that would be great as it was very hard parting with them... ;-)

All you need:
  • Some card & envelopes (I got mine in Fred Aldous, Manchester)
  • Sticky foam pads / double sided tape
  • Ribbon
  • Christmas motifs, old cards, wrapping paper
  • Felt / foam
  • Festive cheer / mulled wine
  • Scissors (very important!)
  • Anything else you can stick onto a card and part with

Perhaps some Easter card making might be on the horizon!

7 comments:

  1. Love your handmade xmas cards. They are really cute and pretty too. I don't blame you for wanting them back!!! Happy New Year!! Robin❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Robin, thanks for stopping by! I need to learn to be more of a giver I think. Yes... One day... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cards! And I **LOVE** all the hearts on your tree!! ((hugs)) Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are the most gorgeous cards i have ever seen!!! and it is so kind of you to provide us with a tutorial, i think i will use it to make some valentine's cards.

    wishing you a happy, healthy, joyful, peaceful and creative new year

    hugs

    millie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are really nice!!! I Loved the care and love in detail that you put in each of them... they are for sure special! lucky receivers!!
    Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicole, your cards are magnifique! As a person who's made all her Christmas cards for 40 years, I can really appreciate the effort you put into these.

    Hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Teresa - you can see why I only did a couple! Good on you too for making your cards for so many years, it makes it so special doesn't it?

    Happy New Year all and thanks for all your wonderful comments, makes me so pleased! :-)

    P.S hope you like the new design and header!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x