Saturday, 26 March 2011

Baby Granny Stripe Progress Part II

Hellooooooo! Thanks for stopping by :-) I just wanted to say thanks and much love to all my followers, I've gone from 1 or 2 to over 20 in a couple of months and I'm soooooooooooooooo chuffed! Literally beaming with excitement!!!!

This is a good thing (not just for my sense of ego, yay!) but because I feel more obliged to update and therefore to crochet more! So I'm pretty excited to let you know how my baby Granny Stripes getting on!


Baby Granny Stripe Blanket

Baby Granny Stripe Blanket

Baby Granny Stripe Blanket

I went home to my parents house a couple of weeks ago and really got some good crochet time in! In fact, I managed to finish the main part of the blanket!!!

Baby Granny Stripe Blanket

I like how it finishes at each end with the same colour, and I'm pretty happy with the length. It's for a baby but I wanted to make sure it's a little bigger so that when he or she's older they can keep using it!

Now that brings me onto the colours... A colleague at work said to me "it's lovely and girly isn't it!" Lovely I like, girly I do not because I don't know if my friends having a girl or a boy yet! I've decided when I do my edging to use a blue or green (both colours I didn't use from my Stylecraft stash) and this will hopefully balance out all the pinks I've got here.

Anyway, I'm super super happy and can't wait to post a finished photo very soon!!!

x x x x

11 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous blanket..! I've got a 2 month old baby myself and now after seeing yours.. I think I may just have to start one of these for her..! What yarn is it made from? Such lovely colours.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I like it. My granny stripe is currently in hibernation. I think I made it too wide, so I get annoyed with it before I get to the end of the row.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's so lovely!! I think the colors are great and the blue and green border will definitely pull it all together for baby boy or girl, and who doesn't love all these colors!! Great job and congratulations on all your followers. I know I'm one. Happy weekend, xoRobin❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blanket is just gorgeous, I really love the intensity of the colors. And I agree that it is so fun to get new followers! It's amazing how much time it takes to blog tho, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ashley :-) It's Stylecraft Special DK, I get mine from Masons and if you're a fan of Attic 24, they do a "Lucy pack" which is the 17 colours she used in her granny stripe :-) seriously addictive stuff!!

    Betty you need to get it back out :-) Just do one row a day, you'll soon get there :-D

    Thanks for stopping by Robin, I check your blog lots and never realised I wasn't a proper follower! So I am now :-)

    I'm also following you too Julie! It's great to find so many other creative blogs out there, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Nicole, don't let that comment about it being girlie worry you.. it's a brilliant rainbow of gorgeous colors and suited for either a boy or girl!

    I just LOVE it!!

    Hugs from Oregon, USA -- Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it! Fantastic colors!I have never used this yarn. I will try
    it.I am looking forward to the result!
    Szilvia from Burnley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blanket is super gorgeous! I love the colours that you have chosen, they are just so happy and cheeful. Rachael Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the colours you have used and your transition from row to row - i'm not usually a fan of granny stripes but you have inspired me! thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a stunning blankie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm working on a second granny stripe at the moment. Works up so quickly! Love it! Your colors are so bright and beautiful. I tend to stick with shades associated with baby when I am making one as I think folks around here would freak out if I had too much color going on. :/ Hope you've had a great week and have a wonderful weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x