Thursday, 28 April 2011

Happy (belated) Easter

What a LOVELY weekend we've had! The Easter bank holiday weather exceeded all expectations and didn't let us down :-) I went down to London to see my folks and home friends, it was nice and chilled and I had a fab time, apart from getting stuck in London for THREE hours on the way down because the Blackwall Tunnel was closed. Our Satnav diverted us away and all was good until it said "After 200 yards, take the ferry." Other half and I looked at each other; "Ferry?!" I'm still amazed that in our Capital we've not got enough bridges or tunnels on my end of the Thames but an old car ferry!

So onto happier things! My mum always gets me cool things for Easter so I now have a hen mug and plate to go with the plate I bought last year (Matalan if you live in the UK)


Kitchen goodness



Kitchen goodness


We visited a lovely town called Tenterden which has the cutest little shops ever! Lots of little homeware places, coffee shops and an old steam train which my Dad loved! To be fair I enjoyed myself too, we had an old carriage to ourselves and it was a nice trip through the countryside.

I bought this pretty little milk jug and some little forks for cake eating, a very important activity in this house!


Kitchen goodness


It now sits in my cupboard of pretty kitchen things :-)


Kitchen goodness


Hope you've enjoyed your Easter break, enjoy the Royal Wedding tomorrow if you're watching!

x x x x

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole! Love your new china - looks like you had a most wonderful holiday! I put some fun pix on my blog of our trip to the beach, hope you pop over. ((hugs)) T

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely time it seems you had. I love the little milk jug. Cute little birdie! So nice to spend time with your mum and dad. London must have been crazy with the Royal Wedding!! Enjoy your new kitchen things. Your tea will taste special. xoRobin❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm very jealous of your jug.. gorgeous! Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your jug!!It is so cute!! In fact I love all the things in that last picture!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x