Thursday, 21 April 2011

Knit one purl one...

Hello there! I'm sorry I haven't been a very attentive blogger, life has been very busy lately and it doesn't look set to stop - between now and June 4th I'm away every weekend :-o Nearly everyone I know has decided to get married this year and I'm off to Italy in a few weeks so could do with a rest before this all kicks off :-)

I've been knitting (yes I know!) and I'm really enjoying it :-D I've always said "I don't like knitting" and this is really a terrible lie - I just haven't been very good at it. Now I've put my mind to it (and discovered tutorials on youtube) I'm getting a bit more adventurous!

So... I started off with a scarf :-) Nice and easy huh? And yes I know it's the hottest April on record since records began, how was I supposed to know this!



Finished scarf before blocking


Here it is before I blocked it. I hadn't learnt to knit the end of the purl rows to stop it from curling...



Stocking stitch scarf


This is me! But I cut my head off because I was pulling a stupid face... ;-)

What this is all leading upto however is Alice's Spring Explosion Tea Cosie on her blog. Since I started reading Crochet with Raymond I've wanted to knit everything! So she has definitely insprired me and was also a huge help when I got stuck on bits! So Alice, this ones for you, ta!!

First things first, casting on and then knitting one side... I'm using a stitch holder!!! Things are getting technical!!!



Tea cosie



And then all of a sudden (after a few k2togs)...



Knitted tea cosie


:-D



Knitted tea cosie


Tea pot bottom shot.



Knitted tea cosie


Now I need to make some pretty flowers and leaves for the top. Something for the Easter weekend me thinks...

Thats all for now, I might see you in a bit if I survive the chaos that will be May! Happy Easter!

x x x

5 comments:

  1. Good job on the tea cozy! Very impressive! Can't wait to see it all decorated.

    Hugs from Oregon, USA -- Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tea cozy! You did a great job. They are very addicting to make. I guess you can never have enough! xoRobin❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done with the knitting..! My tea cosy is in the exact same stage as your one at the moment.. I just keep getting distracted by other crochet projects! I WILL finish it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on your knitting!!! keep enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, both looking good to me. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x