Tuesday, 31 May 2011

I need to stop cooking the tea towels

And I need to blog a bit more! I shut a tea-towel in the oven door (apparantly) but it's ok! I haven't blogged in 33 days and that's not ok! But you know how life is, everything suddenly happens all at once instead of spreading itself out across the year. I mean there are 365 days in which for things to happen, but in the last 33 days I have been to 2 weddings, a funeral, London, Yorkshire, Scotland, London, Tuscany, London and then London. Somewhere between all that I managed to keep on hooking and participate in a crochet swap on Ravelry, yay!

This is me, enjoying a glass of Vino Rosso on holiday, look I'm crocheting!




Moi


I found some fab yarn in Florence (Firenze) and started making a stripy cushion cover straight away because I couldn't wait to use it. Tuscany was very beautiful, we had gorgeous weather, a fabulous villa and pool, great company... I'm not sure what more you could have asked for really!

Tuscany

Tuscany

Most of my projects recently have been little things, like the monster and flowers I made my friends kids when we went over for their wedding (#1!) The Pattern for the monster is from EssHaych and I thought I'd given his face a twist of my own, but then I was looking on Rebecca Danger's blog which I've visited lots but not recently and saw that most of hers are like him, so it was obviously stored somewhere in my subconscious!




What's that coming over the hill?


The flowers went down well too, especially at the tea party.



Flowers for Nella




Flowers for Nella




Tea Party


For Wedding #2 I made another crochet card but this one had an extra little touch because they got engaged in Paris and I had just the button!



Wedding cards




Wedding cards


I've been making more hexagons too but I think I'd better save that for another time (soon though!) because I don't want to bore you too much information all at once. I'm also really excited to share with you the swap I was in! All that needs much more photography and time, time I don't seem to have but I am trying :-) I'm not sure how parents manage to blog, I seriously think they must be a breed all of their own! Better go, the supermarket is calling to me...

x x x x

5 comments:

  1. That little monster is just gorgeous! I'm definitely going to go over and get the pattern so I can try out making one myself. :)

    Lovely to have you back..!

    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, wow you get around! Lucky you! You should show us some pictures of your travels!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have such gorgeous hair!

    love the pink hearts and flowers ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Nicole! I love your blog. So have passed on an award to you. Please visit my blog and accept it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have a pattern for that second crocheted flower? I bet those hot glued onto headbands or hairclips would be super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x