Friday, 10 June 2011

Hexagon blanket

H-e-l-l-o! Yes I felt the need to spell that out, a big welcome to you all! What a week. What a long and borrrrrrrrrrrrrring week! It's been one of those where on Wednesday you think tomorrow is Friday and the real Thursday and Friday end up being a real disappointment - "this should be the weekend in my mind!"


Crochet Hexagons

Well nevermind, it's Friday now which is fan-flipping-tastic. I wanted to quickly share with you my current project! I realised I haven't actually made any attempts to blog about it and I should have done because I'm loving it!

Crochet Hexagons

I've wanted to make a hexagon blanket for absolutely ages (infact while I was making the granny squares...) so I'm really happy that I've finally started.

These photos admittedly were taken several months ago. The projects been on & off while I made other things, but never far from my mind :-)

mosaic_hexagons

It took a while to decide how to join them all as I wanted the hexagons to be fully formed with a white border, not colourful circles with a white border making them into a hexagon shape... Erm, does that make sense? Perhaps not! It did mean I had to figure this out by trial and error. When I dc'd them together there was a kind of ridge between them; this would not do! I've decided a much simplier option is to sew them together :-)

Hexagons

So I made a start! Back when I was visiting my parents, I made use of their lovely grass.

Hexagons

I'm much much further along than this but I don't want to show you all at once you see or it will spoil the journey of making! Hope you like :-)

x x x x

6 comments:

  1. I love it. The colors are great and the hexie afghan is such a masterpiece when completed.....it will be so admired! Congratulations on your progress, it looks wonderful. xoRobin❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really REALLY love the colors in your hexes.. you are doing a beautiful job and what a wonderful family heirloom you're making!!

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hexagons look awesome! I think I prefer sewing them together, makes the project more portable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, they look like hexagons, not circles. Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh! These are fantastic! The finished blanket will look lovely. Which pattern are you using?

    Much love,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x