Sunday, 24 July 2011

I am still making hexagons, honest!

Oh dear! I really have neglected to update on my hexagon blanket but admittedly things have been a little quiet on the hexagon front, knitting has stolen me away from it and I feel a little guilty, like I'm cheating or having a love affair haha!

Tuscany

Seriously though I really am enjoying knitting, a craft I've always grumbled about, "oh crocheting is much better" but now I think I love the two very much, but in different ways. Crochet will always be my first love. Ok well second, sorry J!

Tuscany

Back when I went to Tuscany a few months ago I took the opportunity of lazing around the pool to get some extra hexagons made, I started a little production line too making lots of greens, then yellows...

Hexagon blanket

And then after I'd made quite a large number I decided I wanted to join them all - woo hoo! I wish I could be one of those people who makes all the hexagons first so I could take an impressive photo of them all together. In reality I'm just far too impatient and I want to see it finished (or as near as) now!!!

It's looking a little amoeba like at the moment but I think once I get a few more in and it's a decent shape we won't be looking at a science experiement anymore!

x x x

P.S I sold my bunting!! I won't say who to incase they don't want me too but I really hope they like it - fingers crossed it has arrived :-D I got so excited that I've bought more fabric (this time in blue) and hope to make more!!!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful Hexagon blanket, but I was one of those people who made all the circles first, and after joining about 15 I got soooo bored of it and now I wish I joined them as I made them. I am left with lot of unjoined circles as I turned them into Hexagons as I joined them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your blanket looks amazing :) I can't croceht to save my life so I am very envious of people that can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only made one teeny tiny hexagon just to give it a go and never went any further with it. I am used to joining squares so not even sure how to go about joining hexagons. Your blanket is coming along nicely. Have a great day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I soooo know where your coming from with this post! I'm exactly the same... started my hexagon blanket quite a while ago, but I get so distracted by other projects and a lot of knitting too actually! I've done about the same amount, I reallllyy want to make it big enough to go on our double bed, I just hope I don't get too bored and completely give up. I'm just using it as that 'inbetween- project when I fancy crocheting a few hexagons. The colours your making them in are really gorgeous.

    Ashley xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your sale of the bunting! That is wonderful to have a sale! Your hexies are fabooooo! One day I'll do some of those.. still working on my flower shawl!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hexagon blankie looks stunning already, and congrats on the first sale, yaaay!! :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I utterly adore your makes and can't wait to see the fiinished blankie. Beautiful colours btw!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your hexagons!! I have a bit of a thing for other peoples hexagons! I really need to get down and make some!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're just too awesome! I picked up the go crochet! book the other week and its got hexagons & octagons in!! I'm in awe of the prettiness!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x