Wednesday, 22 June 2011

A little sewing project

Hopefully by the time you are reading this, I'll be a couple of hundred miles from home, tent pitched, Oxfam Blanket purchased and soaking up the atmosphere on the best place on Earth ever. If not I'm stuck in long traffic jams...

To keep you occupied while I'm away (can you guess where I've gone!?) I cleverly scheduled this post to authomatically appear in my absense! Enjyoy :-)

I love owls me, I do! Have you seen that really funny picture of an owl with the O Rly? caption? Well it's here incase you haven't!

My partner and crime and I love owls. Not as much as our friends who went to an owl santury this weekend clearly but love them we do. I've had a lovely owl cushion for a couple of years now which I originally bought from ebay but have since seen everywhere.

Here she is!

Sunshine

When I took a trip home to my parents house I found a friend for her, a green owl (but I don't have any photos of him on his own...)

So a couple of weeks ago I was feeling a bit creative and not sure what to make. Ah-hah! I know what... So I gets my sewing machine out... some felt... my fabric stash... I think it took about 2 hours or so, it seemed pretty quick though... Want to see? Of course you do... ... ... !

Little Owl Cushion

!!!!!

Owl Family

Now given that this pattern / style belongs to someone (although I can't find out who) I can't really go doing a tutorial on this, but you know what I really don't think you'd need it. The little feathers on his front are made from felt, it was easier because I didn't have to worry about the edges fraying. The applique has all been attached with a simple zig-zag stitch on my machine, and the buttons were left overs from a coat I was changing the buttons on!

x x x x

5 comments:

  1. Adorable owls! I hope you have fun on your vacation and look forward to seeing photos when you return!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lovvvve them!!!Loved them the moment I saw them on Ravelry and was waiting for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So love your OWL family!!! xoRobin❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love your owlie!! So where have you gone??? :D
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x