Thursday, 30 June 2011

Worthy Farm, Shepton Mallet, England.

This.

Glastonbury 2011


This is what makes every year so special. I love no place on earth more than I do Glastonbury Festival. Not my own home, my parents home, my garden, not even my local yarn shop. I love Glastonbury Festival and I cannot begin to even explain how happy that makes me. It sounds utterly ridiculous but it's amazing.

I'm on a bit of a Glastonbury come down at the moment, which means I've been very tired and I'm quite grumpy! I really don't want to be back in reality and this time it's going to last until 2013 :-(

I wanted to share a few photos with you although nothing can come close to being there. If you ever have the opportunity to go, do it.

Above was taken from The Park.

Tibetan prayer flags in the Greenfields
Glastonbury 2011

Greg. I took him to Glastonbury in 2009 and on the way home asked the campsite crew to look after him. They have ever since.
Glastonbury 2011

Shangri-La. One of the great things about Glastonbury is you can be whoever you want to be.
Glastonbury 2011

The Unfairground.
Glastonbury 2011

The locals!
Glastonbury 2011

Greenpeace, a very important charity to me
Glastonbury 2011

Hurrah! Some bunting craftyness in the craft fields!
Glastonbury 2011

Elbow on the Pyramid Stage, Saturday.
Glastonbury 2011

It's all over* :-( Beyonce closes the festival, Sunday.
Glastonbury 2011

*well not quite. We stayed up til 4am in an underground Piano Bar singing along with Irish folk. Only at Glastonbury eh?!

You know what, I'm feeling a lot better for this little reminisce. I'm going to go now and apologise to all who I've snapped at today! Bye!

x x x x

5 comments:

  1. Wow thanks for sharing, I am a Glastofarian. I love all things Glasto but have never been to the festival. I contributed a little to a book about it though as I am very interested in the History of the Free festival movement. The Book is 'Glastonbury' by George Mckay. People have been gathering at Glastonbury for thousands of years, it is my favourite place on the planet too :) x 'The Ancient Isle of Avalon'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was fun for me to see. I actually help put on 2 rock festivals in the Seattle, Washington USA area back in the late 60s - similar to Woodstock. Seattle Pop Festival and Sky River Rock Festival, 1969.

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I knew it! Looks like you had a super time. I'd like to go but I've never been brave enough! What a wimp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful piccies, thank you for sharing. Glasto is such fun, I've been as crew and a punter and it's brill. I live on the main road to the festival from Bristol and I love to see how excited people are on their way down and their happy but tired faces on the way back:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bunting tent is the cutest thing I've ever seen! I would have loved to be there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x