Friday, 5 August 2011

A grand day out

Hello, good evening! It's Friday here but because I've been off work today I keep thinking it's Saturday. Isn't that a lovely feeling when you realise you have more weekend left than you thought??

East Lancs Railway trip

Today has been fab, my folks are up from London so we took them on a little jaunt to Ramsbottom via Bury on a steam train on the East Lancs Railway! My Dad loves me so much right now. I've been to Bury before but never the old station - what a surprise it was!

East Lancs Railway trip


East Lancs Railway tripEast Lancs Railway tripEast Lancs Railway trip


East Lancs Railway trip


When we arrvied what should be the first thing I see, but Clark Craft right outside the station! This shop was seriously amazing, I could have spent a fortune and all day looking around; there was nothing they didn't have!

Retro knitting needles

My favourite purchase was these vintage looking (aka old) knitting needles in imperial sizes (I think they're about a UK 2) for 90p!

Retro knitting needles

I just LOVE the colour!

We headed off to the town centre, found a lovely little tea shop, wandered some more and eventually I found this absolute bargain of a book in one of the charity shops.


£1.50!!!

Sewing book

It's about an inch thick or more and is packed full of sewing information!! Much more than my head will ever comprehend but hopefully it will help with the skirt I've started making; more on that another day :-)

Sewing book

This pattern has got to be the best though, Derek the Dinosaur!!!

Sewing book

Closely followed by the cuddly crocodile...!

Hope you're all having a great weekend too, much love!

x x x x

6 comments:

  1. Oh I want to go there!! I've just found the website and they're having a Thomas day tomorrow & in Oct!! I have to go sometime!
    (and to the craft shop! haha) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my you had a great time with your family! What fun to find the treasures!

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lovely day, I believe in the 'Angels of Parking' if I need a parking space I ask and I have had some seriously lucky breaks with parking spaces. I am pretty sure the 'Angels of thrift' work with me too. I can go out in search of something as random as a 'Nutmeg grater' and come back with one for 20p. The 'Angels of Craft' were looking after you yesterday, the book looks so useful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a lovely bargain. I love the Dinosaur and crocodile! Aren't charity shop bargains the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely little train station! Congrats on your purchases, I looove the crocodile, would never be able to make it though! :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great day out! Terrific bargains and fun with the family = WIN :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x