Friday, 19 August 2011

Hexagon blanket; an update!

Hexagons!! I haven't forgotten you and I do still love you very much. You will be a very cherished and much used blanket when finished (if this ever actually happens!!!!!!)

See I'm good really, I still crochet occasionally but it's nice to have a few labours of love right?


Hexagons

I've made some new variations while trying to stick with the same colour theme. There's no pattern apart from the outsides, the middles can be pretty much anything as long as it's the shame shade. Ish...

I quite like them stacked :-)


Hexagons

It's a real slow process because I haven't made many in so long, I've run out of my little production line where I always had a new hexagon to sew onto the blanket!


Hexagons

But this is what I currently have sat on my sofa right now :-) It's coming along well I think! I haven't really decided how big to go but that will work itself out when I get there. Then I have the fun task of making some half hexagons (I want straight edges!!!)


Hexagons

It's Friday (THANK F....ULLY!) and the sun is SHINING; it is lovely. I want to spend all weekend making stuff, really I want to make another skirt (shhhhh!) but I need more fabric (SHHHHH!)

I hope you're all well and having / embarking on a nice weekend. Thanks for all the lovely skirty comments, I wholeheartedly recommend getting your sewing machines out (if you don't have one, get one!) and making something; anything will do! Take care :-)


IMG_3189

x x x x

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this is going to be Gorgeous!! it is Gorgeous!! Way to go Nicole :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I'm making a hexi blanket too, but in far fewer colours. I really like the idea of cream to trim the edges of each hexi.. Can't wait to see it finished :)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous blanket you're making! I'm back from 9 days of camping, hope you pop over and see the pix.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teresa I've missed you! Noticed you werent around and then remember you were camping, I hope you had a fab time!

    @Jill thanks honey! The creams worked really well, white was too harsh and I've already edged a blanket in navy before, really pleased with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This labor of love is turning out beyond stunning! Very creative! The colors are so rosy and cozy. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's growing into a beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Te está quedando preciosa la manta. Tengo que terminar la mía pero me espero al otoño.
    Un saludo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Hexagon blanket is just lovely it is going to be beautiful when it's finished!! I learnt to crochet in April and I have so many patterns I want to try - Hexagons being one of them!!

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love your blanket - you have such a beautiful colour theme! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x