Sunday, 11 September 2011

More projects!

Achoooo! Ahem don't mind me, I've got a case of the sniffles (or man flu if I were a man!), maybe it's all the wind and rain recently or not enough sleep. Please ignore my whining though, it's best not to encourage me to feel sorry for myself :-)

I've been loving reading all the blog posts about the One a Day CAL and what can I say! I leave my computer alone for like two days (I also upgraded to Windows 7 (yay!) so am only just using it again properly) and look just LOOK at all the commments :-D AND I now have 61 followers. This is mind blowing stuff!! I'm looking forward to reading all the updates on Tuesdays Tallies and of course sharing my own.

Over on Ravelry Nanita my swap buddy posted photo of an amazingly cute cactus she made! Nanita has produced lots of lovely amigurumi (I was lucky enough to have received some in my swap yay!) but sadly has no blog, but you should definitely check out her Ravelry projects :-)

So... I got a bit inspired to make my own!


Cactus


He now lives with my pin cushion cactus from & Made:


Cactus

*Terrible blurry photo!

On Saturday afternoon I bought a little addition to add to my stash, some gorgeous Mille Colori from Lang Yarns which I bought from Purl City Yarns in town. Perhaps too much excitement ruinied my immune system!




It is actually amazing to work with. Initially I knitted it up with 6.5mm needles but the stitches were too loose so I frogged and started over with a 4.5mm. I wanted to try a 5mm but I don't have this size and being impatient I began but 4.5mm seems to be perfect.

Garter stitch scarf

Garter stitch scarf

Unfortunately I'm not quite as thrilled with is as I thought and the patterns very basic so I'm going to frog this too and try this pattern which is knitted diagnonally. I'll see how this one goes, who knows it might end up frogged again!

Time for some sleep now!

x x x x


7 comments:

  1. Awwwwww this is most adorable!! Cacti are my favourite plants :) And being crafty enough to use one as a pin cushion...thats awesome!

    I love the squares in your blanket, you have used some nice colours!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the cacti! Someday I'll make one. That yarn is **EYE CANDY**!! Can't wait to see what you end up making with it. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cactus is so cute! And your new yarn is gorgeous so I hope you're happier with your new pattern. Hope you get over your sniffles soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That yarn is to die for! And that pin cushion is awesome! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww look at your cute little cactus, he's perfect!! ♥ Thank you for mentioning me, you made me blush (really), girl! :D Looking forward to see what you're making with that -gasp!- gorgeous yarn! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it a cactus pin cushion! I also love the new yarn, it was definitely worth catching a cold for! I hope you are feeling better soon. Moaning speeds up the recovery I am sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x