Sunday, 4 September 2011

One Two Three


Hello there!!!

Hope you're enjoying your weekend, although it might be over depending on where you live in the world, or it might still be in full swing! Madness :-) I'm having a very quiet and chilled weekend after the last one. Yesterday we didn't do anything (ok we went food shopping) and today we arent doing anything either (ok apart from seeing family later). I really like these days because I can MAKE STUFF. Yippeee!

This morning J had a long lie in so I got to scour the web guilt free and catch up on all the blogging & ravelrying that's been going on. I feel a bit bad about spending too much time on the computer at home, like we should be doing other things so it's nice to have a little me time to see what you've all been upto; a lot as it would seem!

Carole aka The Ginger Bread Girl has started a crochet-along (CAL) called One A Day and it's really quite simple; you pick a project and make one piece a day til it's done. There's no pressure to get things finished and one a day seems (to me) more than manageable!

I've decided to join and finish my hexagon blanket which has been quite neglected. I can still get on with knitting and sewing and make one hexagon a day surely!?

So this is the first three. Today is my day 4 but it's only 4.30pm so I have ages to make #4!


Hexagons (One A Day CAL)


You see! Progress is being made already :-)


Hexagons (One A Day CAL)Hexagons (One A Day CAL)Hexagons (One A Day CAL)


I've been doing more sewing too but I really can't show you right now - for your sakes I promise! You see in November my friends having a craft fair at her house, following a very successful one a few years ago which I went along too. This time she's asked if I want to sell things so I thought with it being so close to Christmas I'd make some decorations! So I've been making felt tree decs and xmas bunting. I'm just worried it might send some of you over the edge, what with it being the 4th of September so when the craft fair finally arrives I let you see!

Ok, off now to do a bit of nephew sitting. See you soon!

x x x x

12 comments:

  1. I love those hexagons, you'll be finished before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours of your hexagons. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful hexes :)and lazy weekend days are good ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm visiting from the One A Day group and love your blog and your lovely projects! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next :)

    Sarah
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everybody! Number 4 has just been finished :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the concept of 'One a Day' I may have to adopt it to repair my old Granny square that need finishing. Your hexagons are very bright and cheerful. Well done on Number four :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The color patterns are a excellent! I have so many projects that just need sewn together and I could share, but finding the time is so difficult. Glad you had a free morning! What a treasure those are :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nicole! Love your hexies.. the one a day is an excellent idea. I need to work on my endless flower shawl. Might have time as we're heading to the beach for a week.. tomorrow! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your hexagons are stunning! Beautiful colors! :D
    What pattern are you using?
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  10. The hexies are looking great! Ah, now you've made me curious about your Christmas decorations, I really want to see them! :D xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely colours for your hexagons and your stitches look so neat.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x