Sunday, 18 December 2011

What's pink & fluffy?

Hello my lovelies! How are you all doing on this fine Sunday afternoon? I can't believe we've finally had a sunny winters day, lots of sunshine, frost on the ground and NO rain! I know the weather in Manchester is usually pretty bad (and we Brits love to discuss the weather!) but honestly it was getting ridiculous. So there we are.


Last week I was nominated not once but twice for a blog award! The very lovely Suzanne (Crea in the City) and Hazel (Hazels Crochet) both gave me the Liebster blog award and now I need to nominate 5 other upcoming blogs who have less than 200 followers which I love reading; believe me this is not easy because lots of you are already very popular!!

I've had a good old look through my reading list and I think I've made a good choice. I hope you'll all visit & enjoy their blogs as much as I do :-)

1. Rainbow Bunting
2. Hilly Town Blue
3. Lucy in the Sky
4. According to Matt
5. Aurora Blythe

None of this of course has anything to do with pink fluff! Last week I was hunting around for the yarn I'd bought for my stripy snood and it turns out I have a lot more hiding places for yarn than I thought! I found a few balls I'd forgotten about (woops!) and a load of "pink fluff" that my mum bought to make a scarf. I stole it because I knew she was never going to start (let alone finish) which is ironic because I've only just started it myself...

Pink fluff scarf



Pink fluff scarf

It's not what I'd usually choose to knit with (the yarn if you can call it that is Lulu by Patons), the problem with it is when you drop stitches (and you will!) it's hard to see them and pick them up. The good thing is if you drop stitches it's hard to see them ;-) So I'm trying to get this finished in time for Christmas! Fortunately I've got two bonus days as I'm not seeing my mum til the 27th. Stripy snood is slightly on hold (again) but here's this weeks progress!

Stripy snood



Stripy snood


New Years resolution is going to be to finish some scarves I think!!

:-)

x x x x

9 comments:

  1. Oh, Nicole! Thank you so much! I cannot wait to share the award on tomorrow's posting. I find your blog so inspirational. The colors you use, the projects you make, and the pictures you stage are always a treat! Happy day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole.. I've done a scarf like that and you're right.. it is a challenge! But they do come out quite fuzzy and fun. I did one in red, white & blue stripes. I love how the 2nd project is coming along!
    ****************************************
    *H*A*P*P*Y* * *H*O*L*I*D*A*Y*S*!*!*!*
    ****************************************
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for my Award...I am a bit too chuffed :) I was 'chatting' to a brand new blogger last night and explaining how it is so much fun. I will have been bogging for a year at the end of January and I still love it. I will have fun passing the award on to five worthy bloggers. I love your pink fuzzy wuzzy, I made a scarf in that yarn, I found it grew and grew! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh liking the snood. It will look lovely when it grows up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All this loveliness going around and around! Just lovely
    Kindest Regards Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! You're more than welcome for the award. I'm not a big fan of fluffy yarn to be honest. It's so hard to see what you are doing (like you said) and I also want to see the stitches when the project is done. I don't think I would make a fluffy project myself, but I am curious how yours will turn out.

    The stripy scarf I to-tal-ly adore. The colors are so warm and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Nicole!!Just the push I needed to stop ignoring the blog!!I have never worked with fluffy yarn, so waiting to see yours finished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on the award :-)

    Still loving the snood wool, the colours are just gorgeous! yep the fuzzy stuff is a nightmare, knitting is a lot easier than crochet in that stuff though, that really makes you swear!

    Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colours in the snood are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x