Sunday, 1 January 2012

Hello Twenty Twelve

Good bye 2011! I know a lot of people are glad to see the back of that year, for me it wasn't so bad. It feels like only yesterday I met up with friends on New Years day for an enormous fry up and here we are again!

So 2011...  I made new friends, started climbing, properly got into knitting which I now love, participated in my first Ravelry swap and stayed employed; always a bonus!





01.01.2012

This is the end of day one here in Manchester :-) Beautiful!

Last night before going out I made some mosaics of 2011. I've never been an "end of month/year mosaic" blogger but I think I might start doing it because I was amazed by how much I'd actually made, lots of things I thought were from 2010!  It's a great way to remind yourself of all the things you've been upto :-)

Crochet




2011 Crochet

1.  Granny stripe blanket for my friends baby
2.  Japanese flowers wip
3.  Tissue box cover.  J *loves* this
4.  First wedding card of the year
5.  Amigurumi monster for G
6.  Flowers for N
7.  Wedding card # 2
8.  Hexagon blanket wip & One A Day project
9.  Wedding card # 3
10.  Cactus pin cushion
11.  Bunting for Wiggles - this went missing in the post and is now lost :-(
12.  Phone pouch for H
13.  Amigurumi mugs
14.  Rainbow ripple for J's sisters baby due in a few months
15.  Christmas trees

Knitting:




2011 Knitting

1.  First fairisle attempt wip / frogged
2.  Pink scarf.  Needed to be wider and less curly!
3.  First attempt with DPNs.  May also be the last!
4.  Knitted tea cosie, love this project so much!
5.  Moss Stitch scarf wip
6.  Monster for CJ
7.  First attempt at cables, coffee cosie
8.  First attempt with circular needles, my stripy snood wip
9.  Pink fluffy scarf (now finished! Ta dah post coming soon...)

I also did a fair bit of sewing too!

Sewing




2011 Sewing

1.  Baby owl
2.  Green bunting - first Etsy sale1
3.  First attempt at making clothes, Russian Doll skirt
4.  Blue knitting needle roll
5.  Heart for charity raffle
6.  Dotty bunting for E's wedding
7.  Christmas decorations
8.  Climbing chalk bag
9.  Felt Christmas Tree decorations

I have a few resolutions for 2012 though and although I'm not a great one for keeping to them I reckon these are pretty managable:

1. Crochet/Knitting: Finish my 2011 unfinished objects (see above!)
2. Climbing: Do an outdoors climb (at least one!) and by the end of the year climb a 6a on lead
3. Health: Eat less meat and be more creative when cooking
4. Life: Keep my house tidier!

That's it from me for now!  Hope the New Year brings you lots of love, creativity and happiness!  I'll leave you with some lovely Haycinths my Family got me for Christmas which have since been banished to the spare room because J can't stand the smell!



Hyacinths

x x x x

10 comments:

  1. Happy New Year. I love the round up of all of your projects...I particularly love your sewing projects. I wonder what we will all create in 2012? :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I feel very inadequate seeing all the things you have managed to make in a year! Amazing! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had an amazing sunset this evening too, but I failed to get a pic.

    Your mosaics are great, clever you! I know I would never have done so much had I not started blogging, so I'm smug at a creative few months.

    Your resolutions are good ones, I share with you the having a tidied house, I'm not awful, bu there are definitely moments that if friends came around unannounced. Would be embarrassed! I want to be able to feel proud of my tidy kitchen all of the time!

    Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've had a very productive year ~ I only wish I had done half as much, but I've not! Happy New Year to you too :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you HAVE been busy this year! :D I love your crochet projects. My favorite is the hexagon blanket, for sure!
    Happy New Year!
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your projects! you are incredibly talented. Love your use of color! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you've been very prolific this year and done some wonderful things! Bravo, my friend!!

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Nicole, your mosaics look gorgeous, I love every single bit of them! Wishing you a brilliant, happy and creative 2012! :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my I have just found your blog and I am smitten with the things you have created!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x