So 2011... I made new friends, started climbing, properly got into knitting which I now love, participated in my first Ravelry swap and stayed employed; always a bonus!
This is the end of day one here in Manchester :-) Beautiful!
Last night before going out I made some mosaics of 2011. I've never been an "end of month/year mosaic" blogger but I think I might start doing it because I was amazed by how much I'd actually made, lots of things I thought were from 2010! It's a great way to remind yourself of all the things you've been upto :-)
1. Granny stripe blanket for my friends baby
2. Japanese flowers wip
3. Tissue box cover. J *loves* this
4. First wedding card of the year
5. Amigurumi monster for G
6. Flowers for N
7. Wedding card # 2
8. Hexagon blanket wip & One A Day project
9. Wedding card # 3
10. Cactus pin cushion
11. Bunting for Wiggles - this went missing in the post and is now lost :-(
12. Phone pouch for H
13. Amigurumi mugs
14. Rainbow ripple for J's sisters baby due in a few months
15. Christmas trees
1. First fairisle attempt wip / frogged
2. Pink scarf. Needed to be wider and less curly!
3. First attempt with DPNs. May also be the last!
4. Knitted tea cosie, love this project so much!
5. Moss Stitch scarf wip
6. Monster for CJ
7. First attempt at cables, coffee cosie
8. First attempt with circular needles, my stripy snood wip
9. Pink fluffy scarf (now finished! Ta dah post coming soon...)
I also did a fair bit of sewing too!
1. Baby owl
2. Green bunting - first Etsy sale1
3. First attempt at making clothes, Russian Doll skirt
4. Blue knitting needle roll
5. Heart for charity raffle
6. Dotty bunting for E's wedding
7. Christmas decorations
8. Climbing chalk bag
9. Felt Christmas Tree decorations
I have a few resolutions for 2012 though and although I'm not a great one for keeping to them I reckon these are pretty managable:
1. Crochet/Knitting: Finish my 2011 unfinished objects (see above!)
2. Climbing: Do an outdoors climb (at least one!) and by the end of the year climb a 6a on lead
3. Health: Eat less meat and be more creative when cooking
4. Life: Keep my house tidier!
That's it from me for now! Hope the New Year brings you lots of love, creativity and happiness! I'll leave you with some lovely Haycinths my Family got me for Christmas which have since been banished to the spare room because J can't stand the smell!
x x x x