Saturday, 11 February 2012

What we do when we aren't blogging

Hello people :-) I'm sorry for being a bit absent lately but I haven't been in the right place for blogging. I caught up with reading some of my favourite blogs this week and one post from Little Tin Bird really struck me and made me realise that it's okay to share life stuff with you guys (because you are all awesome!)

Snow Feb 2012

My granddad who's had dementia for a few years died 2 weeks ago tomorrow and I guess things have just been a bit weird. Since I moved up to Manchester I've made an effort to see both my grandparents when I go home and I'm happy to say I don't have any regrets there. The last time I saw my granddad (on my birthday :-) we had a little chat I I'm glad I have that nice last memory.

I don't want this to be a sad post though because my granddad was awesome! So I have some happier things to share with you - I just wanted you to know :-)

l.o.v.e

So what wouldn't cheer a girl up more than red shoes?!

Lemon & orange cake

And I made an orange & lemon cake for my lovely peeps at work.

I'll see you very soon for a bit of a ta-dah post - I can't wait! I just need some good lighting and maybe some help on the camera front :-)

Much Love!

Nic

x x x x




2 comments:

  1. I'm behind in my blog reading and I wanted to tell you how sorry I am for you on the loss of your grandfather. Whether it's expected or not it's still a shock to lose someone you love. If you need to "talk" about it we're here for you.

    Here's a big (((HUG))) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm only just catching up on reading all my fav blogs as I myself have not been blogging much due to time restraints.
    I am very sorry to hear about your grandad my grandad passed away over Christmas so I understand how you feel. I'm sure you will remember all the good times and this memories stay with u forever.
    That ale looks delicious.
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x