Wednesday, 9 May 2012

Bye bye bank holiday

I can't believe another Bank Holiday has been and gone. Bring on June when we get two in a row - thank you Mrs Queen!!

I was being massively in awe over the weekend of other bloggers, in particular Matt (According to Matt) and his latest creation, a granny square cushion with buttons. Swoooon! It's made me realise I need to start finishing more little things, then I keep you guys entertained! So I've made some more mini bunting flags and as soon as I have enough I'll photograph them and hopefully decide how to string them together :-)

Pink snood
In the meantime I've been working on this for one of my best friends! She ordered a pink snood so a pink snood she shall have. She thinks it won't be done until at least Christmas but I'm hoping to finish for her birthday at the end of May... We'll see :-)

It's pretty simple, cast on enough stitches so when the ends are sewn together to form a tube it should be the perfect size to go over ones noggin. Oh and the yarns Stylecraft Special DK Pomegranate 1083

On Saturday me and J took a trip to a vintage / antique shop on our street that we have *never* visited before! Admittedly I don't think it's been open in it's current state before so we decided to take a look. I got this necklace for £5!

Birds

It was really interesting, wishing I'd taken some photos now! There were loads of old stone fireplaces, roll-top baths, stained glass windows from churches and tonnes of old things like typewriters, chairs, desks and clothes. Who knew all this was literally on my doorstep?

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the snood all done! I love Matt's pillow too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh that necklace is so pretty!! Lucky you :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snood is a lovely color and the necklace is beautiful. What fun to discover an interesting shop so close to home! I am knit knit knitting a gift, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when you find a place like that so close by and you wonder why you never knew before! I've been doing a lot of exploring recently, since moving to bristol and never having had the chance! I must finish more things too - I think I've got enough granny squares for a cushion :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x