Tuesday, 15 May 2012

Mini bunting flags

How about my little nodding Unazukin dolls!? They are cute, pointless and they nod or shake their heads! The perfect decision makers; should I buy more yarn? Nod. Should I go for a run? Head shake. Excellent.
:-)

I've been busy combining both of my loves; crochet and knitting!  Le perfect combination.  Someone (and upsettingly I can't remember who!) blogged about some bunting they'd knitted and I loved it so much so I obviously had to make to my own.  Had to.

Fortunately I book marked the pattern and it's called Knitted Bunting Party Flags by Audrey Wilson.

I started out and after only a few rows I decided it was looking quite cute as it was but I wasn't happy with the finished flags.


Knitted bunting

It took me a while to stop the edges from being so lumpy and bumpy after doing the kf&b stitches but practice really does make perfect (ok, near enough!).


Knitted bunting

I decided to do a round of double crochet to finish off each flag, and blocked them with my iron to get a flatter shape.

Knitted bunting

And because they are so quick to whip up I have quite a lot of little flags now!


Knitted bunting
Knitted bunting

Although I can't share the pattern here (you should go to Ravelry for that, it's free!) I can tell you I knitted until I had 12 stitches on my needles and then I knit 3 more rows before casting off. My needles are 3.75mm :-)

x x x x

10 comments:

  1. I love the knitted bunting! I did some red, white and blue crocheted bunting.. I need to get it hung back out! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very 'happy' bunting.
    Now you've got me thinking - where is my Unazukin doll? It used to sit on my desk but it isn't here now.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what cute lil dolls and i love your bunting too

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks lovely! I use spray on starch to help my things keep their shape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wantsies! They are so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ca-ute!! And so simple to make!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never made any sort of bunting, but I very much like what you made, Nicole...cheery celebration(:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh bunting... fabric, knitted or crocheted... I just luurve it!!! I'm loving the colours you've used too... so cute!!

    Louise xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many sweet projects you have been doing since last I was here! Loved dropping in today and look forward to stopping by again soon. Love your new blog layout, too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x