Tuesday, 31 July 2012

Tuesdays Tallies: three

One a Day Banner

Hello :-)

Allotment

I had some fab comments to my last post, how about using a tea pot as a yarn holder?! Sounds hilarious but it's brilliant :D

My pretty panniers arrived but alas... They really were a case of style over substance :( Obviously intended to stay on your bike (which might be ok if you live in a lovely village and not Manchester) and no handles / strap to carry off the bike. They were also so long my heels kicked them every time I pedalled! Needless to say I had to return them :( I got a bargain pair of black bags (exactly what I didn't want!) but they're much easier to fit and have a very good handle system - so ends le pannier saga :)
Basil katarina pannier bag

I've been furiously crocheting while watching the Olympics and I've finished round three! I'm actually a little further on than that now but I thought I'd spread out my progress :)
Hexagon round three

Round three might well be my favourite...
Hexagon round three

Fab :D
Hexagon round three
My yarn arrived from deramores so I've caught up on all the rounds I couldn't complete too.

Aside from panniers and crocheting we visited J's parents allotment and I spotted these beautiful flowers - no idea what they are but the colours were stunning!
Allotment

The weird mix of rain / sun / rain / sun has done wonders for my plants too. I'll have to get some new photos of them soon. Right, back to watching the swimming finals now!
J

x x x x

8 comments:

  1. What a colourful post. I think the beautiful flowers could be Dahlias?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to ask if those were a form of Dahlia? I love Dahlias but have never seen these before. Would love to know what they are.

    Your crocheting rounds look like candy and are so pretty. I just joined the One a Day so I will look forward to seeing what takes shape with them.

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. - Can you do something to embellish the bike bag? They even have them here now with lace on them.

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were able to get a bag that works for your bike.

    And those circles -- just golden!!! I love them even more now round three has been added!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These just get better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a colourful, summery post, I love the colours you're using. Deb xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, dahlias. I just love the colors you're putting together in your crochet project!! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your colorful rounds are as pretty as your flowers!
    And a teapot as a yarn holder--love it! I have a cute elephant teapot. Now he'll have a new use--he can 'hand' me yarn through his trunk, ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x