Sunday, 26 August 2012

Green garden grannies

Hello :) It's been a few weeks since I spontaniously blogged - since going back to Caroles One-a-day project I've only been blogging my Tuesdays Tallies - this weeks will be *very* exciting though :D

I got to a point in hexagon making where I ran out of cream wool, which was kind of essential to joining the whole thing together! While I was waiting for more to arrive in the post I whipped up these.

IMG_5407

I've got a lovely collection of green yarns now (I wish Stylecrafts range was better!) and I've had an urge to go back to squares for a while so it seemed like a good opportunity. I've been making more today actually, I think it might end up as a cushion.

Hexagon blanket

I got the pattern from Attic 24, it's her Summer Garden Granny Square and I love the way it starts as a circle (like the hexagons!) and ends up as a square :)

Green garden granny square

I've edged these in white using trebles and sewed them together with the long tail left over. For the other side I'm going to keep the whole thing green and use Lucy's join-as-you-go method, really to use a variety of techniques and have a bit of fun.

IMG_5410

This is one finished side. The other is still a work in progress.

Green garden granny squares

Thanks to everyone who's pushed me into completing my hexagon blanket, I can promise that on Tuesday I'll have a ta-dah for you!!

x x x x

6 comments:

  1. Stylecraft really lets itself down with it's choice of greens, most frustrating. It has such a range of other colours that you'd think they could experiment a bit more with the greens.

    Your hex blanket looks fab :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Those greens are so lush, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been very busy. I love the 'greens' you have put together. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that colour combo. It reminds me of a rainforest with all of its range of colour. The round of cream adds a real crispness to it all. By the way, your hexi afghan is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Green is "in"! Oregon is known as a green state because we recycle and have lots of trees and stuff. So, I love the green gs's! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh pretty! It's soo difficult to find beautiful greens isn't it? Looking forward to your Ta-Dah! :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x