Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Pink birthday bunting & a million projects

The urge to blog has suddenly hit and I thought I had precious little to share but it turns out that looking at my camera has proved otherwise & I do have a few things! There is a beautiful sunset outside right now*, I love living up so high and getting the maximum daylight possible, it really makes me happy!

It's not rolling hills or anything special but I quite like it anyway.

Sunset
I'm slightly sad that the days are getting shorter again and it reminds me of how fast this years sped by. I've no idea what's up with 2012 but I feel like it's been here all of 5 minutes. J spent the first 6 months living away in London so I guess that was a bit weird but things are very much normal now he's home :)

Mums birthday bunting
Last week was my Mums birthday. Happy Birthday Mum! She reads my blog. Sometimes. I think! Anyway, I bought some lovely fabric back in April which I blogged about here which was meant to make bunting for a friend (and it still will) but my Mum was literally swooning over it - I think she might have tried to steal it from me as well - so that confirmed I needed to make her some too.

Mums birthday bunting
I don't have many photos because I frantically took these on the morning I needed to wrap and post it for it to arrive on her Birthday - the day before!! My Mums mission is to do this for me now :)

Mums birthday bunting
Mums birthday bunting
The buttons are from ebay and the ricrac that I tried to fancily wrap it with is from my box-of-bits-and-bobs :)

Mums birthday bunting
The only thing is now I want some too!! J will definitely say we have too much bunting but is that really possible? No I didn't think so.

Next time I may have an update on my Little Woollie Inspired cushion, or possibly the hat I'm knitting or maybe that Green Garden Grannies cushion I started or the other ribboned stockinette cushion I haven't finished or the new crochet project I started on Saturday - HOW have I ended up with so many WIPs again?! Seriously.

x x x x

*Haha, it's raining now but still sunny - see, totally British, I just can't help myself talking about the weather because that's exciting :p

4 comments:

  1. Great sunset and lovely bunting! I need to get my sister who sews to make me a birthday bunting. We're enjoying sunny days after several of well-needed rain. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute bunting. Is there such a thing as too much bunting??? I don't think there is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous sunset! I love the bunting, can you believe that I haven't got any bunting?? What I do have is a ridiculous amount of WIPs though! It must be these days shortening that makes my hooks and needles fly around or something... :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you got the urge to post and that you shared the fabulous sunset as well as an update on your latest projects, Nicole! I just finished crocheting a pumpkin and started on a gourd...not necessary, but fun:) xx from Gracie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x