Tuesday, 29 January 2013

Knitpro needles

This post wasn't meant to end up being a review but I got a little carried away! Who know, this might be useful to someone :) I haven't mentioned (I don't think!) the awesome knitting needles I got for Christmas. I say "got for Christmas", really I got them for myself, let my little brother wrap them up and give them back to me... They are flipping brilliant!

Knit-Picks circular needles

Anyone who knows me knows I'm a colourful person and I've managed to replace most of my old grey needles and hooks with lovely colourful ones :)

Hooks & Needles

I've wanted interchangeable Knitpro circular needles ever since I saw then on Crochet with Raymond and I nearly got the pink set but then by complete chance (and because I was trying to avoid buying from Amazon, tax dodging cheats) I came across a rainbow set. Swoooooon!

Knit Picks needles

Mine are the Trendz set which come with four cables (60cm/24', 2 x 80cm/32' & 100cm/40') end tags so you can take the needles off but keep the knitting on the cable, 8 needles (my 4.5mm are being used right now!) and a case for them all which is quite handy. You can find loads of different types on their website.

Knitpro circular needles

The size markings look like the might be rubbing off which isn't great but I think I can manage to work out which is which. Alternatively my dad has one of those little drill things that you can etch with so I might try doing that... Might!

Knitpro circular needles

I was a bit worried about the needles coming loose from the cable but once screwed on (and there's a little tool for tightening) they're great! I've been knitting up a snood and haven't had any problems so far, yay!

Knit-Picks circular needles

This is the case with added Ham sticker :p I cut out the size guide from the packaging so I know what's what. I wish the needles were metal like my regular needles and hooks, sometimes I find acrylic needles a bit sticky, but once I've started to knit I've noticed they smooth up so it's not a big problem. Just hoping being plastic and quite thin that they don't end up snapping one day :o

Knitpro circular needles

I was going to share with you the first project I made with them but I've written so much about the needles themselves I've sort of run out of steam now! I'll get back to a proper post about knitty things very soon, and I may even share my new bike. Oooooooooooh!!!

x x x x

8 comments:

  1. Wow, Nicole.. you are a lucky and happy girl.. new needles and so pretty in those colors.. and a new bike too? Woohoo! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, how lovely! I pondered about buying some of these I while ago. But then I only ever do DK or Aran Knitting on short circulars (for hats and baby stuff), so I bought Knitpro Harmony Needles in the size I needed instead...

    Hope you have a lot of fun with these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I must have these!! Thank you for sharing. Take care. Chel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! I have been chatting to the girls in my knitting group about these! I HATE circular needles but they assure me these are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had the KnitPro acrylic needles for some years now and they DO snap. However, KnitPro will replace them FOC but it has to be through your original supplier...

    Penny
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like all the pretty colors of your needles, Nichole! Because I like colorful wooden tools I invested in some of the KnitPicks Harmony laminated birch wood hooks and needles. I hope we both are happy with our choices =)
    xx,
    Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you, no one paid attention to my heavy hints about new needles at Christmas. Christmas I really wanted a set of knit pro interchangeable........ Hope you have lots of knitting enjoyment :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nicole! I've nominated you for a Liebster Award for newer bloggers. I have posted about it on my blog today with questions for you if you want to participate. I know these things aren't for everyone but I really love your blog and wanted to give you an award. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x