Sunday, 17 February 2013

Monsters

I'd like to introduce you to a new friend...

Bernie

I've been a big fan of both blogs by Alice, Crochet with Raymond and Hook, Spin, Knit (which has been taken down) for a very long time. Alice started out as a crocheter, much like me I guess, but then turned her hands to knitting and it was her knitted tea cosies that inspired me to get my needles back out and learn to knit properly.

Since then I've pretty much loved everything Alice has made, like some crazy besotted knitter, but her monsters really did it for me and I was in love. See here and here to find out what I'm on about!

It became very clear in my mind that I *had* to make my own and so Bernie was born. Ok created :)

Bernie

This is Bernie, hanging out, looking gorgeous.

Bernie

She has the most awesome pixie feet...

Bernie

And round hands on super long arms which are great for hugging.

Bernie

She's looking a bit sad in these pictures, but her mouth has been re-glued and she's definitely looking a lot happier, and dare I say mischievous?

Bernie

Bernie was very much a trial and error monster. I don't have the book that Alice has (I think it's called Knitted Toy Tales) but I think she worked out pretty well. I've got a better idea for doing the next one but that will have to wait. I'm trying to cut down my yarny time because I've been getting achy hands and I'm sure that's not a good thing.

Here are some work in progress shots of Bernies bum :p

Monster WIPMonster WIP

I wasn't sure whether to mention but it seems a bit false to pretend that everything in my world is 'happy go lucky'. Me & J are having some down right rotten luck at the moment. It's nothing serious i.e. nothing health related, but you know when things have just been going wrong, it gets a bit brighter and then all starts going wrong again? Well that's us.

I nearly didn't blog at tall tonight, I just haven't felt like it and I don't think I've put nearly as much enthusiasm in sharing Bernie with you as I would have a couple of weeks ago, but something inside said 'do it, do it!' so I have.

bike

We went out on our bikes today, this is Mavis my new set of wheels. Everything's going to be just fine :)

x x x x

12 comments:

  1. Ace monster!
    Sorry you're having rotten luck at the moment, that sucks. Let me know if I can do anything to help xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather :) We're getting sorted bit by bit! x

      Delete
  2. Bernie looks brilliant, especially with the awesome pixie feet! :-) I'm so sorry to hear you and J are having bad luck health-wise lately, I really hope everything gets back to normal very soon!
    p.s. I'm experiencing some serious bike-envy here, what a magnificent set of wheels!
    p.p.s. Thank you once again for your help correcting the letter! :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, much appreciated :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nicole, I adore your monster! Reminds me of my crocheted Teddy Bears, I have 2 more to finish of them for my littlest grandsons. Thanks for visiting my blog!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa :) I think I may have emailed you back x

      Delete
  5. Hi Bernie! Nice to meet such a colorful, adorable little lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adorable perhaps, but mischievous I suspect more!

      Delete
  6. Hello Bernie, what a lovely monster you are. Such a great toy, I am almost inspired to give this a go myself, i just have to work up the confidence! - Annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Annie you should, I'm going to modify how I do the next one, I think I was to start head down instead of bottom up. Desperately need to finish two projects before I can!

      Delete
  7. Loved your monster. Hope he brings a change of luck .... Very soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta Linda, he's brought a bit of luck indeed!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x