Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Learning to love DPNs

I think the reason I enjoy knitting so much is the challenge.  I don't like things to be so difficult that I can't do it and get frustrated (who does!) but I really enjoy that moment when you finally 'get it'.
 
Learning to love DPNs

Using DPNs (double pointed needles) hasn't exactly been one of these moments but I'm definitely getting better and it's something I want to be able to do so I don't shy away from patterns I want to try.

The lovely Alice shared with me the way she does it, to knit inside out so 'the stockinette stitch is on the inside and knit around the inside of the circle' - it totally works!

x x x x

8 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the challenge of learning to use DPNs.. but haven't done anything of late to use them. I'm using a pair of faux tortoise shell knitting needles right now to knit a dishcloth. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't gotten round to making dishcloths yet, I suspect J would think I was crazy!

      DPNs are a pain though so even though I'm practising I reckon only use them if you need to :p

      Delete
  2. Thank you, I think I will try this method :-)

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fab Melanie, really works :) So grateful for the tip

      Delete
  3. I've never tried DPN. They scare me too. My mother is an expert - I guess I should book a date with her and learn the right way to use them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes if your mum can knit with them definitely get her to show you, it will probably save hours of frustration!

      Delete
  4. I am not really a knitter, but I have dabbled with dpns when I was trying to make a hexipuff :D I am glad you have found a way to work with them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never made any hexipuffs in the end, I definitely don't have the patients but I can see how DPNs would work well there :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x