Saturday, 8 June 2013

Yarn bombing!

I've never yarnbombed anything myself but last week while I was having lunch I noticed this!

Yarn bombing

It excited me a lot, and then I saw this!

Yarn bombing

Brilliant stuff yes?

Yarn bombing

There was quite a bit around the Town Hall so I think it had something to do with Manchester Day, still fun to see though :)

I've still been busy crocheting more squares for my Rosie Elmer Blanket and I've finished a knitted piece of bunting for our WI which I'm probably going to add something too because it's not very exciting as it stands!

WI Bunting

Lastly I would just like to thank the weather for being amazing this last week, it's like FINALLY we get some decent weather here in the UK, yesssss!!  My mum & dad popped over from Sheffield and went home this evening. 

We had a nice few days while they were here, and we took a trip out to where J and I are trying patiently...  to buy... a house!! :D  Watch this space...

x x x x

12 comments:

  1. Can you blow some warm weather down to Lincolnshire please...I have just put the heating back on! I love seeing really colourful yarnbombing and had to laugh when my boss was yarnbombed recently! Enjoy house hunting!! Chel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try Chel but I've heard the cold's on it's way here, maybe that means the warm is going your way?

      How was your boss yarn bombed?! S

      Delete
  2. We have a fair bit of yarn bombing in Bewdley including a yarn bombed bike (!) ... its great isn't it!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant yarnbombing! I've read on Rav that is was International Yarnbombing Day yesterday, maybe that has something to do with it as well? Nothing spotted here in Brussels though. I'll join you in giving thanks to the wheather gods, finally! Ooh, trying to buy a house, how exciting! I hope all goes well :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, cool huh! It's a shame it will probably be binned, that was a decent sized granny square that!

      House hunting has been a big disappointment, we found something we liked, put an offer it & they decided they didn't want to sell! Argh x

      Delete
  4. Great tree bomb! I have never seen any out and about maybe I should be the one to start!! Jo x

    http://joeveryday19.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that yarnbombing looks so cool!

    The bunting looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting that you are looking for your own house! I can't wait to hear more about it. Love the yarn-bombing!! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I highly recommend yarnbombing. I did some of my own last week too, to celebrate International Yarnbombing Day. It's great fun. I love the bunting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x