Wednesday, 4 September 2013

Liebster awards :)

Aww the lovely Jo from Three Stories High has nominated me for the Liebster award :)

I'm not sure when or how I came across Jo's blog but we seem to share a similar love of sewing (she has made some fab stuff!) and craftyness :) Liebster is a sweet award which anyone with fewer than 200 followers can be nominated for, and in return you answer some random facts & questions :)

July 2013

First of all I'd like to make my own nomination and I've chosen Ladybird Diaries, which is a lovely blog, full of craft and beautiful photographs. Don't take it from me pop in and say hello :)

It was kinda hard because lots of my fave blogs now have over 200 followers, and there are so many ways people can follow your blogs now (e.g. I use Feedly) so it's impossible to really know, but I think the nice idea is it's to give recognition to smaller blogs :)

July 2013

I'm not very good about random facts about myself but I can answer some of the questions that Jo was asked :)

1 :: Who has influenced you most in your life?
The most obvious choice would be my parents, but aside from them it's probably my friend CJ! We went to Primary school together and I'd planned to go to a different Secondary school but she said why not go to the open day where she'd be going. I did and completely changed my mind which I'm convinced changed my life from then on. I wouldn't have met my friends, gone to the uni I did and probably wouldn't have met J!

2 :: If you could live anywhere else in the world, where would it be?
Weirdly I'd live in London because I'm assuming this question means money & employment is no object :p Most of my family and friends are there, and sometimes it's hard being away

3 :: If you went back to school what would you choose to study?
Physics. Yep.

4 :: Are you impulsive when making decisions or do you ponder things first!
Impulsive. Didn't even have to think about it!

5 :: What is your food preference when you eat out?
Indian

6 :: Looking at your average day, what do you enjoy best?
Going home from work & crocheting :)

7 :: What gives you the least pleasure in your daily routine?
Going to work ;)

8 :: Is there a famous person that you would love to meet, and why?
I'd like to have met Neil Armstrong but I gather he doesn't talk much about his trip to the moon, so I'd like to chat with Valentina Tereshkova instead

9 :: Tell us about a favourite place in your locality that you like to visit
I love the Northern Quarter in town, although it's changed somewhat since I used to work there, it's still awesome though

10 :: If you were marooned on an island what would you choose to have with you?
Knitting or crocheting materials!

11 :: What is your favourite type of film?
Comedy, who doesn't like a good laugh?



July 2013

x x x x

4 comments:

  1. *C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S*!* on your award! It was fun to learn more about you. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking part, I am glad you could put your thoughts down (impulsively, I hope!) I am a great lover of comedy too - there is nothing better than laughing. Love Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole what a lovely post, really feel as if I know you a little better now, thank you. It is always fun to find out things about people we like and sometimes we even find out that we have a lot more in common than we thought.
    Lots of love
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post! I love comedy too, there is nothing better than a good laugh! Thank you very much for the nomination, it is very sweet of you to nominate my blog and I really appreciate it.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x