Sunday, 29 September 2013

Today

At the start of the weekend I had various plans (including going to Yarndale), which all completely changed!

I decided to give Yarndale a miss for a couple of reasons.  No one in our WI craft club could make it & while I wouldn't have minded going on my own, I didn't really need to buy any wool (although it would have been nice!) & the workshops I would have been interested were sold out.

Maybe I was just talking myself out of it but I may go next year if I get myself organised ;-)

Stylecraft

It would have been lovely to be part of it, & I'm enjoying reading everyones posts, although I think it must have been a very surreal experience as if jumping into someone (Lucy's) blog!

J & I had a call to arms to assist with baby sitting, so we spent a shattering 4 hours in the park with our nephews who were very well behaved, & we had a rather nice picnic!


I've been crocheting up squares in some new colours too...  I completely caved in (September's not bad!) & splashed out on some Stylecraft, after Deramores emailed with a 20% discount.  How could I not?

I took muchos inspiration from this project of Heathers in choosing some new colours, & I've gone for raspberry, pale rose, grey & camel & then violet because I don't have it & it will fit in lovely, & pomegranate, wisteria, clematis & lavender to top up the colours I'd run out of. SO much for de-stashing!  Unfortunately Deramores were out of stock of meadow & grape :-(

Today I'd planned to go on the TUC march in town (the Tory Conference is here!) but my friend was a bit unorganised so I decided to stay put.  I'm quite glad I did really as I'm about to tuck into some lemon drizzle baked earlier today


J & I also went on a long walk not far from where we live.  I'd love to live in the countryside, although I don't think we're quite ready for it yet, but I always forget about what's on my doorstep

Walk 29.9.13

We might live in a city but we've got some lovely places to walk.  I still remember my first wander along the canal saying to myself "I live here??"  I'l be sad to leave if we end up moving, but happy at the same time; it will be nice to move onto new places & find new things.

Time for a well deserved glass of wine ;-)

x x x x

20 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole thanks for a fabulous post. I was supposed to go to Yarndale this weekend and couldn't due to family illness so have been feeling pretty sorry for myself! Reading your post really cheered me up Nicole, love the colours of the yarn. I do agree with you when you say that we sometimes forget what is on our doorstep. Have a fabulous week Nicole
    Lots of love as always
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh sorry you couldn't go for worser reasons than mine :-( Perhaps next year!

      Delete
  2. Lovely seasonal photos, good to get out on your own doorstep. I have too this weekend go and see. (slightly less sophisticated than yours!) Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those colours of your style craft are rather delicious, Heather's blanket is too beautiful, really inspiring. I love the idea of living near a canal, we have the sea though which I am always grateful for, have a good week xox Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely blanket isn't it, very inspired. Being alongside a canal is lovely, always makes for nice walks & I love the little boats. Sadly if / when we move we won't be that close, but there will be other things to find :-)

      Delete
  4. You do have some lovely things to look at on a walk! Don't you just love the softness of the Stylecraft? I have a basket full here in Oregon, too.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did edit out a lot of pics as these were my faves, but yes it was a very pleasant walk indeed.

      Ohhhh Stylecraft is sooooo soft! I've also got a basket (and a box!) I just love how cheap it is but it's such good quality. I hope they never change it

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed the retelling of your busy weekend, and feel a kindred spirit with you because I did not go to the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival nearby while you did not go to Yarndale near you. Next year for us both perhaps :) Your new yarn is wonderful and it will be fun to see what you create!
    Gracie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right - next year we'll both do a Yarnfest and compare notes!

      Delete
  6. Lovely post and I also love that stylecraft and i am in Oz so long way away ☺ Exploring where we live can have some lovely places ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! It's good to appreciate what we've got isn't it, just doesn't happen often enough :-)

      Delete
  7. Lovely colours! What is the hot pink on top of your pile next to the grey? Ahh, I get the same as you, I would LOVE living in the countryside but then as we take of walk through Brussels I have to acknowledge it's not such a horrid place to live (for the moment) ;-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Pomegranate, my favourite colour of them all. I think I must have bought at least 6 balls of it!

      One day we will both live in the country and share storied about how we miss the shops on our doorstep haha!

      Delete
  8. Hi Nicole, thanks for stopping by my blog and your lovely comment.

    I love the yarn colours you've chosen there.They are quite autumnal but in a warm, subtle way. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian! I'm so stuck with colours it's unreal but I'm getting there, slowly...

      Delete
  9. What a lovely area to walk, and your photos are very pretty. Love the colours of yarn you gave chosen.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marianne, I'm going to miss it but I'll get over it ;-)

      Delete
  10. I also missed out in going, I really need to write these events down so that I can organise going to them in better time!

    Your photos are lovely and colourful :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had it written down though and still didn't make it! I'm glad I got to see so many wonderful blogs about it though, I sort of felt like I was there!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x