Saturday, 4 January 2014

Christmas 2013

Christmas is my favourite time of the year, but last year we had so much to do I really struggled to get into the Christmas spirit.  I stopped worrying about "x sleeps til Christmas" and managed to focus on what it's all about.  Eating, drinking and family!

I've always wanted a Christmas wreath.  I'd love to hang one on my front door but I'm worried it will get wet and stolen!  I made this from pieces bought in Wilkinsons.  It's quite simple (aka cheap) but I'm really pleased.  It could do with lights, but where to hide the batteries?

Christmas Wreath 2013

This year we spent Christmas day with Js family.  Our nephews were very excited about the whole thing, the biggest enjoying opening presents more than the presents themselves I think and the youngest enjoying the little things like Duplo.  It's always weird not being 'home' for Christmas but now we have our own home to make lots of memories in, although I'm not looking forward to cooking a Christmas dinner for lots of people...!

IMG_3352

J and I agreed we wouldn't really do presents for each other because our home was a big enough present but we still got a few silly things.  I even bought a tree to replace our weedy one, £50 down to £25 and free with our Nectar points, win!

p20140104-211731

I was able to hang a very exciting decoration which arrived in November...

  

My very own Percy Pecker!!  Thank you Jooles, I love him!

Christmas 2013

I baked mince pies (jar & ready to roll puff pastry cheat)

Christmas 2013

Our enormous (slightly unsightly!) fireplace became adorned with Christmas and new home cards

Christmas 2013

Loved decorations came out of their boxes

Christmas 2013

We visited the markets in town (I might have been more than once...)

IMG_20131122_123140 IMG_20131122_122057

And I got some amazing Dr Martens boots.  Swoooooon!

p20131225-215009



We went down to my family after Christmas and because my brother works Christmas day we had Second Christmas on Monday which was so much fun!

IMG_3385

My poor mum hadn't much time to decorate this year, she's spent most of December at mine!

IMG_3386

But she did a great job and we had a lovely time

IMG_20131230_182816

Wishing you all a very happy 2014!

x x x x

19 comments:

  1. ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    and

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
      *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa :-) Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. I've just had a lovely time catching up with your blog, haven't you been busy? Those blankets are stunning. I really feel your pain at not being able to crochet and knit, I hope it all gets completely better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Harriet, I had a big break while we were moving (no time to knit!) and it's really helped :-)

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year to you and your family Nicole!
    Your Christmas wreath is so pretty and your house looks gorgeously warm and festive...I'm going to start taking some of our decorations down today and the rest tomorrow...it has to be done!
    Susan x
    P.S Love your boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan :-) My house looks so bare without the decorations now :-(

      Delete
  4. Wishing you and your family a very happy and blessed new year Nicole, I love your wreath it's way better than my rather bare one and it looks like you had lovely family time over Christmas. We have to take our deca down this afternoon, I am keep the fairy lights up though, they help me get through Jan and Feb xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I'd kept my fairly lights up now, the place looked so cheerful before and now it's just grim! Happy New Year :-)

      Delete
  5. Hi Nicole, Happy New Year to you and all your lovely family. What a gorgeous post thank you. It looks as if you got it completely right this year and put everything into perspective as it should be. Love all your decorations and I do particularly love your fireplace, wish we had one. Have a fab Sunday, big hugs to you
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like our fireplace, it's just massive and takes up so much room, especially floor space! Happy New Year :-)

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year Nicole. I think you mean 'inexpensive' not cheap! It looks lovely. Looking forward to your capers in 2014. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes inexpensive indeed :-) Looking forward to yours too!

      Delete
  7. Although everything you show on the photos is great I'm stuck with those red boots of yours. They are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fab aren't they! I know I shouldn't be like "oooh look what I have" but I've never had a proper pair of boots before and I just love them :) x

      Delete
  8. Happy New Year to you! Looks like you had a lovely family Christmas! Your wreath looks really fab but I adore your new red boots.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marianne, we had a lovely time but it was all over too quick! x

      Delete
  9. All the very best for you and J in 2014!!! I am very much in love with your boots ;-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too my dear :-) Hope you both had a lovely Christmas! x

      Delete
  10. It looks like such a lovely Christmas! Your wreath is great and your red boots are really fabulous. I bet they're keeping your feet warm, dry and stylish in this awful weather. Thanks for your advice re zips, by the way - I think I need to just try and see how I get on. Happy New Year to you too! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x