Wednesday, 5 March 2014

When Frankenstein came to work

So...  I was going to share some photos of how far I'm at with my blanket but I'm just too excited not to mention this instead!  Warner Brothers are filming the new Frankenstein movie and some of it was being shot today next to where I work!

I went for a sneak peek on my way in...  Look at the set!!  There's horrible little dolls on that shelf in the middle, signs, new papers, fires (!)...  Just amazing

upload

They've been building for a good week now and we've seen bits of it because the basement's where our bikes are stored.  The building really does lend itself to this kind of era and although they've done a massive transformation the cobbles and the stone work are all original.  Even without the set it's a fantastic place to visit if you can.

Filming Frankenstein at work, on the lookout for Daniel Radcliffe & James Mcavoy

I absolutely love the set though and I want them to leave it when they go!!  There have been people wander around in costume all day, horses, carriages...  It's flipping brilliant I tell you.

At lunch we thought we'd pop down to see if anything was happening. I know Daniel Radcliffe and James Mcavoy are both in the film but we were really just expecting to see props and extras.... Well!!

IMG-20140305-WA0002

I nearly died

IMG-20140305-WA0004

It's Harry Potter Daniel Radcliffe at my work!

I'm am a self confessed Harry Potter fan, so while all the other girls are work were swooning over James (although I'm not sure he's even here!) I was really excited to spot Daniel filming a take. Woooo!

IMG-20140305-WA0006

The photos aren't great because our windows are a bit grubby to say the least, but hey it was a lot of fun and definitely a case of being in the right place at the right time.  I'm hoping that this video plays, and that Warner Bros don't see this hahah





And a warm up at the end, because it is a bit cold up North!





Normal knitting service will resume when I've calmed down a little ;-)


x x x x 

7 comments:

  1. Oh how EXCITING! I am also a Radcliffe groupie (not so sure about his long hair tho!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a groupie but I can feel your excitement Nicole! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool! I've been around movie sets before and it's sooo fun! They've filmed several movies and tv shows out here in the gorge! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really were in a great spot to witness the fun, Nicole. Thanks for letting us have a peek, too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo! I'm so jealous! What fun, and a great motivator to go to work each day...back in 2000 Bridget Jones' Diary was being filmed around the corner by my office at London Bridge, but unfortunately they would work overnight so when I came up from the Tube in the morning everyone was gone, no Hugh or Colin sadly (though there was fake snow all over the place, funny to see in mid-July!). You gotta go ask to be an extra!!! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! Ok, that definitely deserves a blog post, thanks for sharing your photos with us. You had a great spot there, I'm surprised anyone got any work done that day! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting, and the set looks amazing. What a brilliant vantage point you had.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x