Wednesday, 23 April 2014

Weather mobile

I'm very happy to finally announce that my friend did indeed have her baby, a healthy little boy weighing 7lb 6oz, which was pretty amazing considering she didn't look anymore than three months pregnant.  I'm a bit late in posting, but I'm going with the ethos 'better late than never'.

Unfortunately baby decided he wanted to be born exactly when I didn't want him to be born (while I was visiting The South!) so I haven't managed to see them yet, but I've had photos though and he is absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to meet him.

 After finishing the blanket I couldn't help make something else...

I've had this adorable pattered saved for ages in my Ravelry queue (two years!!) it's the Happy Day Mobile by Amy Gaines.  I used a lots of random yarns from my stash, some Bergere de France, Bravo, Zeeman Super Soft... Basically anything bright and cheery!

Weather mobile

J pointed out that the cheeks on the sunshine were too low...  Only he would notice such things!

Weather mobile

I improvised the rainbow because it was meant to be crocheted flat but I didn't think it would stay straight to hold the raindrops, and all the other pieces were stuffed so it felt a shame to leave him out!  He's kind of a rainbow burrito.

Weather mobile

The raindrops might be my favourite, they are definitely very cheeky looking!! 

Weather mobile Weather mobile

I loved this project, it only took a few days to finish.  I'm not a great fan of all the fiddly bits like the mouths and eyes etc but I'm good when working to a deadline, ironically finishing before little O was born but not managing to see him!

Have you been making anything nice for someone else?  Especially something you secretly wanted to keep!

x x x x

7 comments:

  1. I love those fiddly little projects which are a quick fix between making jumpers and blankets - I think it is simply adorable and they will treasure it. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I love this! It never occurred to me to crochet a mobile but yours just looks brilliant. I wish I'd known how to crochet when my two were small, when I think of all the cute blankets and hats I could've made... I'm not making anything for a gift right now, but this time last year I did make two baby blankets and that was a lot of fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is super sweet. I'm sure he will love it. I'm currently knitting blue Moose for my sister. I made one for her birthday which she takes with her on her market stall and someone has asked me to make one for them too. Just the features to embroider today then it's finished.
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have made such a happy mobile, I love all the details! And good move with the rainbow burrito...I think this same project is in my queue, too! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nicole many congrats to your friend - aren't babies just so inconsiderate! Your makes are just adorable and will be so loved and treasured for years to come Nicole, well done you. At present I am waiting for some yarn to be delivered to start a new project, wish it would hurry up and come though - a bit like waiting for babies to arrive......have a fabulous weekend Nicole, sending you big hugs and loves
    Dorothy
    :-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's wonderful, how lovely for a baby to be greeted by all that colour! All the fiddly bits are what makes the project aren't they, even though it's a pain to do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Happy Day Mobile is a wonderful baby gift, Nicole! You inspire me to want to make something like it one day xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x