Saturday, 19 July 2014

Knit for victory!

What a night, was anyone else woken up at 4am by the thunder and lightning?  It was amazing, I love a good thunder storm and I saw the bolts of lightning instead of just flashes in the sky.  Actually this happened at Glastonbury so I don't know why I was so excited but hey ho.  Oh and it's just started up again!

A few people have asked how I got on at the Cheshire Show, where I entered this knitted cushion.

Knitted fox cushion

Highly commended!

Knitted fox cushion

I'm really really pleased, ok it's not an actual prize but they must have thought it was alright!  I think their comments were fair too, I didn't quite get the colour changes right but I'm super pleased with my seams and apparently so were they

Knitted fox cushion

It says "An attractive design idea.  Beautifully worked seam joins.  Take care to keep knitting more even".  I can't argue with that.  Now bring on 2015!  As a WI our group also came 2nd with the most number of prizes for a new group, which wasn't bad considering we didn't even know that this was a category.

Thanks to everyone who convinced my to block my wonky blanket called 'Muriel'.  The lovely Christina explained that this has happened because I've started to crochet each row from the same end, instead of alternating my stripes.

I had a bit of a wobbly and was going to start over but I just couldn't get inspired, so I thought I'd try blocking it and I'm so glad I did!  I should have taken photos at the time because I've added a few more rows so its started to slant again, but I'm feeling a lot more positive about it now.

I'm absolutely loving this knitted retro blanket...

Retrobaby

It's such a rhythmic pattern and I love the colours which I tried to keep to the original as closely as possibly, although I left out brown because I don't have any.  I'd definitely recommend the pattern and it makes a nice change from crochet ripples

Retrobaby

Better get off now, we've decided to our for tea so I need to get ready.  I can't decide if I'm looking forward more to the food or the wine ;-)

x x x x

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got it straightened out! Will you show us the end result? I really am impressed with your knitted ripple.. the colors are amazing! Good job on the award! You should put your ripple in the next one! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the credit, allthough my url is http:://denlilleblog.dk :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations cute fox cushion and boy I love that ripple blanket that would win awards for sure ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the commendation, it is a hop skip and a jump to a prize from there! I love your ripple blanket, it is so neat and the colour choice is excellent. Looking forward to seeing the final version. - Annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fox is charming and commendable! And your blanket is amazing to me...great colors and design...I can't see any wobbliness but I'm glad that blocking satisfied your concern. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fox cushion is adorable Nicole! Congratulations !:::Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Nicole sorry I have not been around for a while - life is toooo busy for all the wrong reasons! My goodness Nicole you have been busy - I love your cushion and well done on the award, well deserved. The Cheshire Show has extremely high standards which shows how good your work is. You are going to be a very busy lady with all those babies on the way - you are doing a sterling job Nicole. I hope you are having a wonderful afternoon, sending you big hugs and loves
    Dorothyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x