Tuesday, 19 August 2014

Finished #2; seaside baby blanket!

I am on fire people!  Well, I maybe just have certain due dates to meet, but this is my second baby blanket finished this month, woo!

Seaside baby blanket

I managed to get my edges straight in the end but I still need to figure out the best way to do it.  If I counted I'm sure I'd be fine but I think it was something like 120-140 stitches, ain't no body got the patience for that...  Plus I normally watching something while I crochet.

Seaside baby blanket

My camera hasn't picked up the orange very well, it seems to treat it like red but it's definitely orange!

Seaside baby blanket

I opted for quite a simple border because I think it will suit my friends taste more than something a bit fancier, but there will be more blankets to have fun with.  It's a round of double crochet (single if you're in the US) then another round of half trebles in the same colour (Stylecraft Special DK Cloud Blue) and finally another round of half trebles in Aster.  The corners are 2 chains, a bit like a granny square.

Seaside baby blanket

Obligatory swiss roll shot

Seaside baby blanket

What I liked about this blanket the most was how quick it was!  I've used half treble stitches as they're taller than doubles, so it takes less time, but less 'crochety' looking than trebles...  I've no idea if that makes sense, but in my head it does, I think it makes each stripe more solid?  I don't think my friends are particular into crochet'd things but I'm hoping that for a baby blanket it's ok!

I've been enjoying knitting so much that I forgot how lovely it is to crochet.  My Muriel blanket (well received by the way) took a lot longer because it was only double stitches.

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

I spent a lovely weekend in Wales with friends, we even went to the beach and a waterfall!  There's something you don't get where I live.  Absolutely perfect

x x x


6 comments:

  1. Love the blanket, I am working on a 2nd myself as nephew's has twins coming in november ☺
    Lovely beach photo too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I have to make a quick baby blanket myself.. for a nephew's baby. It's a girl.. so pink is in the picture! I hope you can pop over and see my camping trip photos.. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your posts Nicole, a quick happy punch in the creative guts! I love that about visiting here. I think the blanket is lovely and will be a really welcome gift. We are off to Wales next week. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I typed a loooong message to you yesterday and it would not post, but will try again now to tell you how I love your sense of color arrangement, Nicole! Your blankets are beautiful!! Thanks so much for caring about the loss of my friend, too. It was a shock...but I am so grateful we had a wonderful last visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! So what is the secret for straight edges? OTHER than counting, of course

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x