Saturday, 8 November 2014

Finished retrobaby blanket

Diz and Mogs thank you for their warm welcome into blogland  Admittedly not much crochet or knitting is planned by either of them, but regular attempts to thwart mine will no doubt continue...

I finally finished knitting nephew #3's baby blanket and I really want to make another for me but it would have to be bigger and this one took forever so it's probably not going to happen, oh well.  Want to see?


Retrobaby blanket



Ta dah!!!!


The pattern didn't call for a border but I wanted one because I don't think they look quite finished without, do you know what I mean?


Retrobaby blanket


I crocheted a cream border and used the pattern from Attic 24 for ripples, although it hindsight I wish I'd knitted the first and last rows in cream because the crochet ripples weren't the same,



Retrobaby blanket


There is something really lovely about knitting which you don't quite get from crochet, and you know I LOVE garter stitch!

Retrobaby blanket

The pattern is called Rocky which I bought from Ravelry.  It's only a couple of good English pounds and once I got the hang of the pattern it was very easy and very satisfying, apart from the time I tried to change colour mid-row and nearly ruined the whole thing but dropping stitches and confusing myself a lot.

Retrobaby blanket

As usual I've used Stylecraft special DK, apart from the blue and orange but I think Spice would work and there's probably as similar blue, maybe Cornflower.  The others were PlumLavender, 'Meadow' Cream and Camel.

Happy crafting!

x x x x

8 comments:

  1. Great job! I agree with you reagarding the border::: I 'm not able to add it to my first baby blanket and I won't make that mistake again! Happy week end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo, it's amazing and will be a treasured gift! You did a great job, my friend. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it and a blanket isn't a blanket with out a border I don't think. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole this blanket is gorgeous, I love it! I'm lately really into knitting, I love the squishiness that you don't exactly get with crochet. I'd love to knit myself a blanket one day and this would be a perfect pattern, but it would probably take me forever! Anyway, well done, it's amazing! :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for letting us admire your latest make, Nicole! I like all your decisions concerning, color, pattern, and the border, and I am fascinated to know you knitted the blanket, because at first glance my untrained eye would have guessed it is crocheted. The blanket is beautiful and sure to be treasured. Bravo :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous and it looks so snuggly too!
    love Jooles x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Nicole. I think garter stitch looks fab and soooo squishy.
    CN x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous blanket Nicole. I love the colours and the border looks fab. I agree, blankets need borders!
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x