Sunday, 14 December 2014

All of what's been going on

I feel a bit like I've lost my blogging-mojo and I want to find it.  I've been really busy when it comes to making things but when I look at my photos I'm not feeling inspired...  I'm just going to give it a go.

I've finished my Solstice cardigan but I haven't managed to take any photos of it yet, although it's been in almost constant wear since casting off.  I think these were the last photos I took but it shows you something I guess...

Solstice cardigan

I had to do the sleeve again because my needles were a size smaller than the pattern said so it was too tight, but I'm really glad I did and I'm very happy with the fit.

Solstice cardigan


I made some rather cute baby mittens for a friend and I forgot to photograph them.  I'm one hand into making some mittens of my own and I've only got a WIP photo to post ,but lets have it anyway

Aran mittens #knitting

Lets see...  Oh yeah, my Uncle wanted a rag-doll style Dr Who so this is something else I've been hooking

Dr Who work in progress

He is meant to be the Eleventh Dr Who, although obviously he shouldn't be bald and hopefully at some point he'll have a mouth and a fez.

Christmas decorating began in earnest on the 1st, I've heard a lot of people say the start of December is still too early to think about Christmas but I want to make the most of it, so there

upload

I also wanted to see whether the cats would destroy the tree so for the first week I only put a few Ikea baubles on, but low and behold we have ANOTHER cat success story and that is they're not remotely interesting in destroying my tree.  Huzzah!

I've even managed to bake some mince pies (and I remember to do them in cases instead of straight into the tin...)

Mince pies

And I've been enjoying hot chocolate in my varying festive mugs.

Hot chocolate #manchestermarkets2011

And as with most years since discovering them I've been enjoying the Christmas Markets in town, made even better by the fact that I only work down the road now...

IMG_20141114_124728

IMG_20141114_124732

And a couple of weeks ago I got reaquainted with my sewing machine and made a cushion from an lovely off cut of fabric I found in John Lewis.

IMG_20141116_125719

IMG_20141116_182659


I realise that's a bit of an info overload but I think I needed it!

x x x x


5 comments:

  1. You really have accomplished so much, Nicole! Lots of nice stitching, making yummy looking food, and enjoying Christmasy decorations and shopping :) I stayed up way too late [early] finishing a crocheted bag to hold art supplies for a ten-year-old, now I need to knit knit knit on a scarf I hope to have ready for a Christmas gift. You inspire me! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole.. it's not an overload at all! I'm happy you're sharing your accomplishments with us! I sure would love to have a lookabout in that market stall area! Those are such cute shops! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some fantastic makes there Nicole! I am in awe of anyone who can knit on dpns I have never got the hang of it myself! I love the wee Dr Who doll....fabulous.
    Hope you have a fantastic Christmas and festive season.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY CHRISTMAS Nicole, it is hard to photograph stuff at the moment, I have a queue of things waiting to be blogged. I like your makes and DPN's get you... I can never do it, I always get a baggy stitch! Love Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would LOVE to see some finished pictures of your Solstice cardigan, it looks amazing! I really, really need to tackle my fear of DPN's, maybe I'll make this my first (and only, I don't ever make them) New Year's resolution ;-) Brilliant Dr Who, and such a cozy tree - hurray for the wellbehaved cats! :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x