Wednesday, 31 December 2014

Christmas and wrapping up

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas or festive season this year

Christmas

It's not been so nice out there recently...  The grey gloom reminds me that January is almost here and all the twinkly decorations will soon be gone, my least favourite thing.

Winter

Without a doubt staying indoors is the best plan but we're going to have to venture out later, although we'll be spending it in someone elses indoors so that's ok.

Christmas Cactus

We spent Christmas down at my parents this year.  I treated myself to a Christmas Cactus and inevitably it flowered while we were away, but it still looks lovely!  I made a fairly nice table setting although as usual forgot to take any photos of us!

Christmas

Some of my favourite decorations came down from the loft.  I love unboxing them and remembering the things put away from years ago which I'd forgotten about

Christmas

Christmas

Christmas

And some new!

Christmas

Last year I made this for my mum but completely forgot to take any photographs of it.  I can't remember where I first saw it but I've been able to trace the design back to this blog and discovered she has loads more adorable embroidered hoops!  I'll definitely be making some of these for the house...

Christmas

I think there's just time for one last cup of tea before getting ready to face the cold and New Years Eve! Stay safe & keep warm!

Tea

x x x x

8 comments:

  1. I love your table setting.. those little porcelain lighted candle holders are awesome.. where did you get those? I also love the Putz houses.. but I *LOVED* the little fabric picture all hand stitched and so sweet! I'd love to make one of those. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
      *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some beautiful decorations Nicole, and may you also have a wonderful new year ahead too xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy, wishing the same for you too :-) x

      Delete
  3. Wishing you a happy, creative, healthy and awesome 2015!! :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the same to you of course :-) xx

      Delete
  4. Think you may have seen the hoop embroidered pictures at Tales from a Happy House blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's possible as I do read that blog :-) Definitely found the original (eventually), it's called A Bit Of Pilli Pilli

      Delete
  5. I was visiting my friend Teresa Kasner and she mentioned your blog I came to visit. Love tyou table setting, so pretty. And the embroidery so sweet. I will be coming back to visit you again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x