Thursday, 8 January 2015

Little vinyl bags

I was going to start off by linking in with a very old project (2010 old to be precise) but it looks like I never blogged about it, so why not now?  Once upon a time I found a lovely tutorial on a blog called Three Bears which you can find here.

I loved it and with some vinyl fabric, which I think I bought from John Lewis, I made my very own Little Box Pouch!

Little Boxy Pouch

It's one of those projects which has been in near constant use as it holds my darning needles, stitch markers, measuring tape..  Basically it is crammed with little things!  I'm surprised and very happy that after 4 years it's still as good as new


Little Boxy Pouch

I haven't quite perfected matching the zip with the seam but I think this was quite an early sewing project, and because the vinyl was sticky it stuck to the sewing machine.  I ended up putting kitchen roll paper between the vinyl & the machine and had to pick it out of the stitches after.  Not my favourite thing.

For Christmas I wanted to make something for my Mum, who is a big appreciater of craftiness.  She also wanted a wash bag to leave at our house for her collection of lotions and potions.  I Googled "Diy Wash Bag" and literally the first link which came up was perfect.  So back out comes the fabric.

Little wash bag

It was actually a tutorial on Mollie Makes and very easy to follow, but when the instructions say that "top stitch is optional they lie, it's not optional!  They said it might be tricky, so I thought "Nah" I'll skip it then if it's optional.

Little wash bag

When I finished the zip wanted to be all on show, "look at meeeee, I'm supposed to be inside" so that's why I went back and did a row of top stitch but only across the middle (because I couldn't actually get to the edge of the bag!!)

Little wash bag

It's fine though, I mean who really minds, it's a wash bag!  My mum certainly didn't notice but for some reason I told her anyway.  I wrapped up a few presents to put inside and stuffed it with tissue paper.

Little wash bag

And that's it, the last thing to come off my sewing machine in 2014.  I think I'd quite like to make a pencil case with the left overs for my silly collection of Sharpie marker pens.   I don't know why I love them so much!

Little wash bag

Happy New Year all!
x x x x

8 comments:

  1. I love those bags so much! I wish I had your sewing skills! Thanks again for helping me find the porcelain tea light.. I adore it! I have another one coming with is like your moms, I think. You are so generous to help me like that. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found 2 tea lights you wanted :-) xx

      Delete
  2. Little bags such as you made can definitely be handy! I have a little project bag a fellow blogger friend gave me and it has been used and appreciated so much. You are very brave and clever to make your own! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought a great project bag from someone at our WI, they're handy aren't they? x

      Delete
  3. What perfect presents. I have some vinyl which was to make a picnic mat underside but I didn't know what needle to put in the machine so it languishes in bottom of the fabric drawer. Jo X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I emailed you but I just used a normal needle, whatever that is! x

      Delete
  4. These little bags are supercute! I love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely but I'm nearly out :( x

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x