Monday, 2 March 2015

Rosie Elmer Squares

Hellooooo, I've been feeling the urge to blog for ages because I have squares to show you but time seems to have just gone so quickly!  I am finally nearing the end of this thing, there is light at the end of the tunnel!  If I could finish next weekend I would be sooooo happy.

Rosie Elmer Squares

In May 2013 (yep, 2013...) I started a new blanket, which I nick named my Rosie Elmer.  The name came from a lovely patchwork blanket made by Lucy, which was inspired by Elmer the Elephant.  I wanted a blanket in shades of pink so that's why mine's a little different

(I blogged about it here, hereherehere and  here but then I got side tracked (read; bored) and went onto other things.  My biggest problem was finding a colour combination I liked, and did I go through a few...

Rosie Elmer Blanket

Nope.  Too pale, just didn't like.

Rosie Elmer Blanket
Pomegranate just isn't helping.

IMG_2362
Yuck.  Those dark purple squares pop out too much.

Rosie Elmer Blanket
Hmmm better.  This one had merit, but it felt more like a baby blanket to me, which may come to fruition in the future

Rosie elmer blanket
Getting there, definitely! Unfortunately I ran out of some of the purple (which I bought in Italy as far as I can remember).  I think I might have actually lost the rest of it because I'm sure I've hardly used it. 

I've made loads of Wisteria, Meadow, Lavender and Clematis squares that I no longer plan on using but I may put into a baby blanket instead.

I'm now using Purple from the Womens Institute range in Hobby Craft, and in Stylecraft Special DK; Pomegranate, Plum, Pale Rose, Camel, Magenta, Pomegranate, Violet and Grape

*** WI purple
*** Raspberry
*** Plum
*** Pale Rose
*** Camel
*** Magenta
*** Pomegranate
*** Violet
*** Grape

Rosie Elmer Squares

I'm really happy with these and I think they look a bit like shades of a sunset, don't you?

Rosie Elmer Squares

Rosie Elmer Squares

I've mocked up in Photoshop what I want the blanket to look like and it's looking pretty awesome!  I can't wait to get sewing all these squares together and finally be finished.  Even J said it looked like Elmer when I laid them out, amazing!

Rosie Elmer

Moggy tried to help but she gave up and fell asleep

No moar crochet for you hooman

x

9 comments:

  1. Wow a lot of squares and color combinations! I have to assemble a granny square blanket and your photoshop approach is very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours are stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is going to be a big blanket! And so colorful! Good job, you! I look forward to seeing it all finished. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurrah!! I loved making Elmer squares, and I remember the colour agonies you went through. Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colours and reckon that will be a very loved blanket......love tired Moggy xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your final edit. It's gonna be good. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photoshop blanket is a neat way to plan your color arrangement. It reminds me of a series of paintings my artist friend did nearly 30 years ago. Her paintings were painted patchwork quilts to me, and very pleasing to view. Your creativity inspires me...I hope to crochet a yellow baby hat today :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I entered a new profile on my blog which let me get out of the no-reply setting...finally. Hooray! :)

      Delete
  8. I love the colors! I am done making the same squares for a blanket only different colors. What color yarn do you use to attach them all together?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x