♥
Thanks to everyone who commented on my last post, things have picked up a lot since then, J had just lost his job but amazing luck & a lot of applications sees him starting something new tomorrow. I can't tell you how relieved we both are!
♥
My knitting / crochet updates might be a little slow, in the run up to Christmas I did too much & I think I've put strain on my hands so my fingers had been aching quite a bit. I've tried to bed sensible & cut right down (which is killing me!) & I found a great set of exercises on Knit Freedom which I'd recommend looking at & trying, even if you're not in any pain. It can't hurt ;-)
I've been making slow & steady progress on the granny squares for my Nan's throw & they're almost all joined now. I've used Lucy's tutorial for crocheting them together, I don't know how I've not used it before because I love the result, so neat & no need for a border :)
I taught a couple of ladies how to crochet & make granny squares last week at my local WI! I joined in January & Wednesday was our first craft club, it was so much fun!
I have to say, photographing 'red' seems to be particularly difficult! The first few photos I took seemed to merge all the shades. I've dropped my exposure down to about -1 & the ISO down as well which seems to have worked - hopefully you can see the three reds, if not... Oh well :)
I spent most of yesterday upcycling this rather unexciting bag...
I've used up a lot of off cuts of fabric (I knew I was keeping them for something!) & the buttons are from my Local Craft Store.
The owl is just a copy of the one I made and blogged about here two years ago. Wow, was it that long ago?
x x x x
Such a beautiful granny blankie. Yes, I can see the different reds, well done you. Love the owl embellished bag and glad that J is starting something new tomorrow. xx
ReplyDeleteThanks Loo! Haven't quite got the shades right but close enough :)
DeleteThat is a lovely warm blanket, the colours are so rich. The owl bag is fantastic, perfect for showing off around town. Take care. Chel
ReplyDeleteThe bags survived two gigs so far, I think my sewings gone well!
DeleteOh, I'm so glad J has a new job to go to.. I hope it's way better than the last! I adore your red blanket.. clever to use many shades of the same color, it's a great effect! Enjoy your week! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)
ReplyDeleteSo far so good :-) x
DeleteThe blanket is looking great and your owl bag is so cute! I prefer to join my granny squares this way too. I have tried JAYG but I find it hard to do.
ReplyDeleteJAYG is ok but you have to know how you want them to be before you've finished. I like to make lots of squares or hexies and lay them out first :)
DeleteThat's such a relief, redundancy is so hard. It's happened to us too recently but fortunately we're ok now. Stressful though! x
ReplyDeleteArgh! Sorry to hear Heather but equally glad you're ok, it's horrible isn't it :(
DeleteYaay for you and J! I am so happy to hear everything turned out fine, I hope he likes his new job at least as much as the old one :-) The blanket is beautiful, and so is the owlie bag! :-) xxxx
ReplyDelete:D It's going well so far, lots to learn! I love my owlie bag, makes me smile :)
DeleteThe owl bag is so cute! I love how you used scrap material to make it.
ReplyDeleteHeidi’s Wanderings
Yeah it's great using scraps, it feels like you've made something for free :D
DeleteThanks so much for posting, Nicole! The reds in your blanket are soooo beeeeautiful to view...I feel warm and rich and happy :-) I'm so glad J found work, and I hope it will be enjoyable for both of you. Please give your marvelous monster a hug from me, too, and your owlie bag makes me smile as well :-) xx, Gracie
ReplyDelete