I definitely don't need to buy anymore clothes, but making them's okay right? OF course it is!
I bought this pattern ages ago because I fancied a change from skirts and dresses. I think it might also have been on sale which helped.
They're not the most adventurous of tops I admit, but I reckoned a few of these would be great for work. Because I always need more work tops, don't I?No.
This was a new one for me, cutting on the bias. It was a right pain to fold properly to pin out the pattern pieces but once pinned it was a piece of cake really. No zips, no sleeves, no waist bands!



So perhaps an embroidery ring will be added to my wishlist.
x x x x
I bought this pattern ages ago because I fancied a change from skirts and dresses. I think it might also have been on sale which helped.
They're not the most adventurous of tops I admit, but I reckoned a few of these would be great for work. Because I always need more work tops, don't I?
One very nice (if I must say so myself) dart.
And there you have it. I used linen, mainly because the pattern suggested it and who was I to argue. When J took a photo of me wearing it I blended into the curtains. Camouflage for when I need to hide from him, like possibly later in the week if when he discovers I placed an order for more Stylecraft. Yep.
I reckon being me it could do with some livening up. Given that I've not finished sewing the red buttons onto my skirt I don't think buttons are necessarily the answer. I'd quite like to give embroidery a go, I have some lovely books on sewing that my Dad of all people bought for me. He is awesome!
So perhaps an embroidery ring will be added to my wishlist.
x x x x
Oh your top is lovely! You have done a fab job with it. I think some embroidery would look beautiful on it... I have also made a little Stylecraft order this week, very naughty and hiding it from my husband also!
ReplyDeleteMarianne x
Thanks :-) Oooh what Stylecraft did you get?
DeleteWell that top looks very pretty! I didn't understand any of the sewing vocabulary you used - shame on me, my mum's a professional seemstress! - but sewing is on my wishlist of things to learn :-) I'm feeling a bit sad now that Yarndale is so close and I'm not able to go, I would have loved meeting up with you! Have lots of fun (because I think you're going right?) xxxx
ReplyDeleteHonestly darts are really simple. It's just a fold in the fabric and you sew along it like a triangle. I should take the Yarndale button down (but it's good promotion) as my plans have changed & I won't be going! Will be good to hear from those who do - maybe next year :) x
DeleteAbsolutely gorgeous Nicole - well done you! I wish my sewing skills were up to the mark to do something like this - I love it. We must have a photograph of you with the finished top - can't wait to see it all finished, it will be so lovely. Have a wonderful day, great post, thanks so much
ReplyDeleteLots of love
Dorothy
:-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I never really set out to make clothes but as I've made more things I've become more confident. Books & YouTube have also helped!
DeleteWell done, Nicole! I never practiced enough to become good at using a sewing machine, so I especially appreciate the efforts of those who have. I am excited for you! Your efforts encourage me to complete more creative projects myself! Thanks for posting :) Gracie xx
ReplyDeleteThank you Gracie :-) I'm glad I inspire you! That's such a lovely thing x
DeleteIt looks beautiful with a gorgeous drape, perfect for work. Stylecraft make such fab patterns xox Penny
ReplyDeleteCutting on the bias is a lovely thing, difficult but yes it hangs nicely :) x
Delete