It's finally time to reveal my finished baby blanket. Yay!!!
This has probably been my favourite thing to work on, it hasn't taken me a hideous number of months to complete and I couldn't put it down! I am so pleased with the edging too, usually I get so bored of my projects I hurry to finish, but not this time.
So here we go... Drum roll...
Yay!

Ohh I know I shouldn't be this pleased but really I am thrilled to bits, I hope my friend loves it too and that it keeps their baby snuggly and warm!
I think the edge it my favourite part actually. Remember how I said the blanket looked quite "girly" before and my friends might be having a boy, well I really think this has toned the pink down a lot!

I did treble clusters around the edge and into that single trebles into each st and 6 into the corners. I wish I'd taken a photo before doing the shells because it was lovely and round! The scallop or shell eddging was a little improvised. I looked at some tutorials and ended up using a mix of a few.
Now if I remember rightly it was sl st, 1 dc in next st, 2 hdc in next st, 1 dc in next st, sl st



I can't wait until this little one is born and I can finally give the blanket away. I'm going to be very sad to see it go so I might just have to make another.....!
x x x x

This has probably been my favourite thing to work on, it hasn't taken me a hideous number of months to complete and I couldn't put it down! I am so pleased with the edging too, usually I get so bored of my projects I hurry to finish, but not this time.
So here we go... Drum roll...
Yay!
Ohh I know I shouldn't be this pleased but really I am thrilled to bits, I hope my friend loves it too and that it keeps their baby snuggly and warm!
I think the edge it my favourite part actually. Remember how I said the blanket looked quite "girly" before and my friends might be having a boy, well I really think this has toned the pink down a lot!
I did treble clusters around the edge and into that single trebles into each st and 6 into the corners. I wish I'd taken a photo before doing the shells because it was lovely and round! The scallop or shell eddging was a little improvised. I looked at some tutorials and ended up using a mix of a few.
Now if I remember rightly it was sl st, 1 dc in next st, 2 hdc in next st, 1 dc in next st, sl st
I can't wait until this little one is born and I can finally give the blanket away. I'm going to be very sad to see it go so I might just have to make another.....!
x x x x
it's lovely! congrats on finishing it. The border is great too. xxx
ReplyDeleteNicole, the blanket is simply eye-candy.. brilliant and beautiful! You'll need to start right away on your own so it won't be so sad to give it away. :-)
ReplyDeleteHugs from Oregon, USA -- Teresa :-)
Hi Nicole, I love your blanket and the edging is great. I never know how to really treat edging but you did a great job. I tend to improvise a lot myself but it always looks good to everyone else! This baby blankie can definitely be for baby boy or girl. What colors would you make next?!? xoRobin❤
ReplyDeletegorgeous colours and the lovely borde finishes it off nicely
ReplyDeleteLovely, what a lucky baby it will be all snuggled up in your beautiful blanket.
ReplyDeleteCarol xx
It's gorgeous! I love the effect of the colour combinations you have used.
ReplyDeleteLovely blanket! I love bees too, so much that I have 3 hives of them in my garden here in Norfolk.
ReplyDeleteAhh, your baby Stripe is gorgeous. What a lovely gift to give! I love your border. I'm halfway through a double bed Granny Stripe, and haven't decided on the edge yet but i really like yours! I've added your blog to my favourites, so i'll be checking in soon! Cindy x
ReplyDeleteThis blanket is really beutiful! I also like the border.
ReplyDeletewhere did you find the pattern?!
ReplyDeleteHi Kayleigh, it's from Attic 24 x
ReplyDelete