To keep you occupied while I'm away (can you guess where I've gone!?) I cleverly scheduled this post to authomatically appear in my absense! Enjyoy :-)
I love owls me, I do! Have you seen that really funny picture of an owl with the O Rly? caption? Well it's here incase you haven't!
My partner and crime and I love owls. Not as much as our friends who went to an owl santury this weekend clearly but love them we do. I've had a lovely owl cushion for a couple of years now which I originally bought from ebay but have since seen everywhere.
Here she is!
When I took a trip home to my parents house I found a friend for her, a green owl (but I don't have any photos of him on his own...)
So a couple of weeks ago I was feeling a bit creative and not sure what to make. Ah-hah! I know what... So I gets my sewing machine out... some felt... my fabric stash... I think it took about 2 hours or so, it seemed pretty quick though... Want to see? Of course you do... ... ... !
!!!!!
Now given that this pattern / style belongs to someone (although I can't find out who) I can't really go doing a tutorial on this, but you know what I really don't think you'd need it. The little feathers on his front are made from felt, it was easier because I didn't have to worry about the edges fraying. The applique has all been attached with a simple zig-zag stitch on my machine, and the buttons were left overs from a coat I was changing the buttons on!
x x x x
Adorable owls! I hope you have fun on your vacation and look forward to seeing photos when you return!
ReplyDelete((hugs)), Teresa :-)
I lovvvve them!!!Loved them the moment I saw them on Ravelry and was waiting for the post.
ReplyDeleteSo love your OWL family!!! xoRobin❤
ReplyDeleteLove, love your owlie!! So where have you gone??? :D
ReplyDeletexxxx
Festival? Glastonbury perhaps?
ReplyDelete