My granddad who's had dementia for a few years died 2 weeks ago tomorrow and I guess things have just been a bit weird. Since I moved up to Manchester I've made an effort to see both my grandparents when I go home and I'm happy to say I don't have any regrets there. The last time I saw my granddad (on my birthday :-) we had a little chat I I'm glad I have that nice last memory.
I don't want this to be a sad post though because my granddad was awesome! So I have some happier things to share with you - I just wanted you to know :-)
So what wouldn't cheer a girl up more than red shoes?!
And I made an orange & lemon cake for my lovely peeps at work.
I'll see you very soon for a bit of a ta-dah post - I can't wait! I just need some good lighting and maybe some help on the camera front :-)
Much Love!
Nic
x x x x
I'm behind in my blog reading and I wanted to tell you how sorry I am for you on the loss of your grandfather. Whether it's expected or not it's still a shock to lose someone you love. If you need to "talk" about it we're here for you.
ReplyDeleteHere's a big (((HUG))) :)
I'm only just catching up on reading all my fav blogs as I myself have not been blogging much due to time restraints.
ReplyDeleteI am very sorry to hear about your grandad my grandad passed away over Christmas so I understand how you feel. I'm sure you will remember all the good times and this memories stay with u forever.
That ale looks delicious.
All the best.