So I've just realised that I never posted anymore about my chunky mustard snood I was working on! It just totally disappeared off the blogging radar :(

So for a recap the first and only post about it is >> here
After realising it was completely twisted (and thinking it would be fine) I realised it wouldn't be fine at all. So a note to anyone using circular needles, do not twist your cast on row!!
I frogged it and then knitted the first ball on a coach to London and finished the rest at my folks house. A *very* cramped coach. I made a friend though called Johnny who was quite bemused by my knitting! Another note - circular needles are fantastic for knitting in a confined space, unlike my long regular needles which I poke other passengers with and profusely apologise for...
So this is my snood in all its chunky, curly, knitted glory

And this is me boiling because in typical Nicole fashion I finished it in the middle of summer :)

It's going to be a great winter warmer though :)
The yarn is "seriously chunky" by Cygnet in Barley shade 4884 (I think it's mustard!!) and I used 10mm bamboo circulars. I'm not sure how many I cast on, it was trial and error really but it wasn't many given the thickness of the yarn.
x x x x
So for a recap the first and only post about it is >> here
After realising it was completely twisted (and thinking it would be fine) I realised it wouldn't be fine at all. So a note to anyone using circular needles, do not twist your cast on row!!
I frogged it and then knitted the first ball on a coach to London and finished the rest at my folks house. A *very* cramped coach. I made a friend though called Johnny who was quite bemused by my knitting! Another note - circular needles are fantastic for knitting in a confined space, unlike my long regular needles which I poke other passengers with and profusely apologise for...
So this is my snood in all its chunky, curly, knitted glory
And this is me boiling because in typical Nicole fashion I finished it in the middle of summer :)
It's going to be a great winter warmer though :)
The yarn is "seriously chunky" by Cygnet in Barley shade 4884 (I think it's mustard!!) and I used 10mm bamboo circulars. I'm not sure how many I cast on, it was trial and error really but it wasn't many given the thickness of the yarn.
x x x x
Funny you should say that about twisting on the circulars, same thing happened with my new hat,not once but thrice! but luckily, I managed to camouflage the mistake so no-one will ever know (except perhaps the whole of Blogland!). Love your snood and what a great colour for autumn/winter.
ReplyDeleteThat looks lovely! I love how warm, cosy and snuggly it looks. It is great to hear you got on well with circular needles :)
ReplyDeleteOh my, that is lovely, I love mustard yellow and what a great snood. I wouldn't be able to wait until Autumn to wear it, I would wear it until i got to hot, take it off and wear it again pointing out to whoever would listen how clever I was for making something so beautiful
ReplyDeleteI read the title quickly and thought I was going to find a hardcore Mustard lovers recipe! I love the snood the last picture shows it off really well. That sure is going to be snuggly! :)
ReplyDeleteThe first few rows of any circular project I have ever tried have all been trials with errors :) I spent all afternoon knitting and frogging a new project. Your lovely mustard snood encourages me to try yet again!
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting, Nicole :)
xx from Gracie
Beautiful, Nicole!! You've inspired me to knit a snood! And a mustard one as well! :-) I've brought the yarn from Spain, now just buy the righgt sized circulars and I can start! xxxx
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely colour! Perfect for Autumn :) You've just reminded me that I need to cast on for a snood/scarf, otherwise I'm gonna be pretty chilly this winter!
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
Kim
I Love love love the chunky-licous of it - you will certainly be warm this winter :)
ReplyDeleteWow that is amazing!!!!!
ReplyDeletelove it
the snood is beautiful and so is your crochet - a beautiful blog. happy knitting! x G
ReplyDeleteLove this snood. I've bought the same wool as this and I'm going to give it a go! What length of circular needles did you use?
ReplyDeleteThanks :) Ali
Hi Ali - I hope you see this, I can't reply to your comment via email due to your blogger settings :(
ReplyDeleteMy circulars for this were 100cm but they were too long really. You can get away with it by pulling some cable out between 2 stitches roughly in the middle so it's almost like you've got two needles, half the stitches on one side, a gap and then the rest.
I've tried to find a picture or tutorial to explain but I just come across people saying "use the right size!"
Hey Nicole,
ReplyDeletethanks for your quick reply :) I'm pretty new to knitting and using circulars so do you think If I used a 90cm that would be ok? I'm just guessing really. :)