Monday, 28 February 2011

A weekend in the Lakes

I don't usually get the chance to put up lovely photos of the countryside like a lot of other blogs I read because I live in the centre of Manchester, but lucky lucky me went on a hen-do this weekend to the Lake District and I had a very lovely time indeed.

Now I'll spare you all of the photos I took, some are probably not best put on a nice safe blog about crocheting!!! However, the little enormous cottage we stayed in was absolutely gorgeous and I can't believe the owners don't want to live there all the time :-o

DSC00303

This was Fell Gate Farm where we stayed, unfortunately we never made it to the Fell but I'm sure it was lovely, the views we had certainly were!

DSC00301

DSC00307

DSC00302

So, in through this beautiful wooden door...

DSC00311

Into the cosy sitting room with this amazing fireplace, and look!! Heart bunting. Ooooooooh :-)

Fell Gate Farm

Through to the kitchen with it's lovely Aga!

The Aga

The owner had even put some pretty tulips in a vase!

DSC00310

Bulbs in the garden were just starting to come out

DSC00306

And we found a little pond with a duck house!

DSC00309

We visited Lake Windemere on Saturday and even though I took several photos, I think this one is my favourite (even though it's also out of focus!)

Windemere

We had a very posh afternoon tea with champagne which was verrrrrrrrrrrrrry nice, and spent a lot of time enjoying our lovely house and having a very silly time!

Windemere

Now I'm very very tired but looking forward to sharing some crochet updates soon :-)

7 comments:

  1. Nicole, I loved your beautiful photos of the countryside there! I'd also love to see photos of Manchester, as I may never get there myself.

    Glad you had such a nice getaway. Hugs from Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your getaway, felt like I was there. Nice to see bulbs coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are lovely! I'm sure you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nicole! I like thees pictures.The Lake District is a wonderful part of England. I am very keen on British cottages. I am going to send an email to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, what I wouldn't give to be able to go to the UK. I LOVE your pictures, makes me want to be there. maybe someday I will make it over there and then I want to see everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll try to get some good photos of Manchester, lived here for years and I've never really taken any decent photos so I'll do a little project!

    Shanda you have some amazing photos in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nicole I've just had a look at your site (followed link on ravelry) and I'm in Mancheaster too - I'm in Sale. You have a lovely site - bright and colourful. I'm off for a good read and will add you to my reading list!! Fiona x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x