Friday, 4 March 2011

Japanese flowers

I should really be getting on with my work-in-progress things (baby granny stripe, hexagons, oh well...!) but have been totally inspired to start making some of these gorgeous little flowers!

First saw them on Attic 24 (where else?) and since then they've popped up everywhere!

They're from a Japanese book called Motif Book Vol 4 (I've linked to the etsy seller when Lucy in the Attic got hers) and it's been translated into French on this blog here where there are also crochet diagrams if you are able to reach such things, see:

Tuto réalisation d’une fleur (one flower)
Tuto assemblage des fleurs (assembling two flowers (join as you go))
Ou les 2 tutos en version pdf (a pdf (adobe reader file) which seems to work better than the other links)

Anyway I'm babbling, this is all on Attic 24 - go there! All I really want to do is say "hey look, I managed to make one too, yay!!!"

Crochet Flowers

Crochet Flowers

Crochet Flowers

Crochet Flowers

I've make a few more since, but unlike our lovely Lucy I have no idea what I'm going to do with them! Will I make a scarf, will I hang them up somewhere? Who knows! I certainly don't!

About bit:
The yarns Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino (tis lovely lovely stuff) and I think I got it from Hejhog which is a lovely website indeed :-)

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the turquoise and green flower. Rachael Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the flower explosion! :-) Aren't they fun? You're doing yours with 5 rows, the chart calls for 4 rows, I've done them both ways... faster to do the 4 row way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I've got a fourth row which is a slip stitch all the way around into round 3. Whats the four rounf way?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just because the flowers look so wonderful, I made a whole punch of them without knowing what to do with them.

    How this was my today's Sunday project: I put my flowers on a summer hat. You can find it on my website. all Flower Power.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hat is lovely! I still don't know what to do with the flowers but they're fun to make :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. J'aime beaucoup les couleurs. Bonne continuation !

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are so addictive! Then again it is (almost) Spring so I don't mind them blooming all over the place.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flowers are beautiful. I wonder what a cushion would look like with these beauties on the front.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x